I was recently asked by a business colleague to create a card for a wedding she will be attending in early June so I finally got a chance to use the beautiful Wonderful Romance stamp set from the Occasions catalog before it retires on June 3rd! The coordinating Wonderful Floral Framelits Dies have sold out and are no longer available.
This card was actually quite easy to put together. Here is how I made it.
- Cut piece of Whisper White Thick Card Stock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Whisper White card stock at 4″x 5 1/4″ and emboss with the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. This folder will be available in the new annual catalog. Attach to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut circle with the die in the Wonderful Flower Framelits Dies. Stamp greeting with Mint Macaron ink. I used a greeting from the Floral Phrases stamp set. Attach to card.
- Stamp large floral image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Shimmery White card stock. Color the leaves and flowers with these Stampin’ Blends: Petal Pink, Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party, Pineapple Punch. I used dark and light blends for all except Pineapple Punch. Die cut image and attach to card front with multipurpose liquid glue.
- Make double bow with white ribbon of your choice. I used 1/8″ Sheer Whisper White ribbon and attached to the flower stems with glue dot. This ribbon retired last year and I was so sorry to see it go because I think it is was one of the best white ribbons we ever had.
Before I made the final card I did a practice piece for the floral image to see how the blends would look together. I was so happy with how it looked that I did another one and used the practice piece to make a 10th wedding anniversary card for a dear friend and her husband.
I followed most of the steps listed above, adding these changes.
I used a greeting from the Your Perfect Day stamp set, which retired a few years ago. I added a white flower from the Frosted Flower Embellishments. These pretty embellishments will be available in the new annual catalog. I positioned the greeting and floral piece differently and also eliminated a bow for this card.
Thanks for stopping by today!