Today I have two cards for you, both using the lovey Abigail Rose Suite in the annual catalog. Sadly, I’ve had to make four sympathy cards between Christmas and New Year’s Day. For some reason, I never seem to get around to using this suite so I decided to finally break it open. While I was at it, I needed to make a birthday card for a friend so made two cards with the suite as well.
Here is how I made this sympathy card.
- Card base – Cut a piece of Petal Pink cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of the Petal Pink stripe paper from the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper at 4″ x5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of DSP with the script on the Early Espresso background at 2 7/8″ x 4 3/8″. Lightly color in the flowers with the light and dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. Color the stems with the light Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blend. Adhere to a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock cut at at 3″ x 4 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock at 1 3/4″ x 3″. Stamp sympathy greeting from the Something Fancy stamp set from the January-April 2023 Mini Catalog with Early Espresso ink. Run through die cutting machine with a label from the Something Fancy Dies.
- Cut a piece of Natural 1/2″ Woven Ribbon at 12″. Wrap around tulip piece and tie in a knot on the left side. The ribbon is from the now-retired July-December 2022 Holiday Catalog. If you don’t have this ribbon you can substitute it with something else in your stash. Adhere greeting over the ribbon. Adhere the tulip piece to front of card.
Here is how I made this birthday card.
- Cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Abigail Rose DSP at 3 3/4″ x 5 and run through die cutting machine with the next to largest Deckled Rectangle Die. Adhere at a slight angle to card front.
- Cut a piece of the DSP that looks like a notebook page at 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ and run through die cutting machine with the third largest Deckled Rectangle Die. Adhere at an opposite angle to the first piece of DSP.
- Cut a 3 1/2″ square of Very Vanilla cardstock. Stamp floral image from the Cottage Rose stamp set with Memento Black ink. Color the large flower with light and dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blends. Color the center of the flower with dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend. Add Wink of Stella to the center. Color the leaves with light and dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Color the tiny flowers with light Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blend.
- Run piece through die cutting machine with coordinating Cottage Flowers Dies. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp birthday greeting with Early Espresso ink on scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Run through die cutting machine with die from the Something Fancy Dies. Adhere to card front.
- Add some bling with a few Champagne Rhinestones.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Make cloudy days a little brighter with the Sunshine & Smiles Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes nine sweet and sunny cards—three each of three designs. If someone you know is weathering a storm, this kit is just what you’ll need to create cards that are sure to brighten their day! AND for the first time ever, we’ve got a coordinating die add-on! (Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine sold separately).
The kit contains everything you need to make nine cards, 3 each of 3 different designs and nine coordinating envelopes; photopolymer stamp set; Mango Melody Stampin’ Spot; peek-through window scene on each card front; precut critters, labels, raindrop embellishments and more. Coordinating colors are: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Old Olive, Shaded Spruce.
Purchase the Sunshine & Smiles Dies as an add-on. Cost is $6.00 and includes one frog-shaped die and one flower bouquet die. You can order this from my online store using Item #162486.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for January. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List