I’ve been so busy with making cards and holding card making classes this month that I haven’t had a chance to post any of the cards I made until now! There are only eight days left to this year’s Sale-A-Bration promotion. I’ve had so much fun creating cards with the SAB products I earned and this week my blog posts will feature the cards I made. Today’s cards feature the Adorable Owls stamp set and yes, it is quite adorable! I paired the cards with the Dandy Designs Designer Series Paper, which is an item you can get for free with a $100 purchase. This fabulous package has 48 sheets of 12″ x 12″ DSP with bright and cheerful colors: Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody and Petal Pink. These two cards are done with a few of my “go to” easy layouts and are a nice way to showcase DSP.
Here is how I made the first card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of DSP at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut another piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock at 3″ x 4″. Cut a coordinating piece of DSP at 2 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ and adhere to cardstock. Adhere piece to card front.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2″ x 3″. Stamp owl with bow tie image at the top of the strip with Memento Black Ink. Color with Stampin’ Blends: owl-Dark & Light Smoky Slate, eyes-Dark Balmy Blue, beak and feet-Dark Daffodil Delight, bow tie-Dark Bermuda Bay. Stamp greeting with Memento Black Ink.
- Flag one end of the strip. Adhere to center panel.
- Add some bling. I used a few of the Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems from the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog, which are now retired.
Here’s how I made the second card.
- Card base – Cut a piece of Mango Melody cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Select three different coordinating pieces of Mango Melody DSP. Cut one piece at 2″ x 5 1/4″, one piece at 2″ x 2 3/4″ and one piece at 2″ x 2 3/8″. Adhere to card front.
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 1/2″ and stamp owl image with Memento Black ink. Color the image with these Stampin’ Blends: owl-Dark and Light Crumb Cake, belly-Light Pale Papaya, eyes-Light Pale Papaya and Dark Balmy Blue, beak and feet-Light Calypso Coral. Run through die cutting machine with a Layering Circle Die. Stamp greeting. I needed a very small greeting to fit the space so I went through all of my current stamp sets and found the perfect greetings in the Potted Geraniums stamp set.
- Run a 3″ square piece of Mango Melody cardstock through die cutting machine with a scalloped edge Layering Circle Die. Adhere to stamped image. Adhere piece to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tie a bow with a piece of linen thread and adhere to circle with a mini glue dot.
Thanks for stopping by today!
There is just one week left for this year’s Sale-A-Bration. You can select free items from the SAB brochure or any of the items in this flyer. Nine items are available at the $50 level and one at the $100 level. Please be sure that if you select one of these items, that you use the item numbers listed on this flyer, as they are different from the numbers in the catalogs for these products. All products are available while supplies last.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for February. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List