Hello! Today I have two cards made with the Meant to Be bundle to share with you. This bundle is one of two in the All My Love mega-suite. Both cards are 4 1/4″ square.
Here is the first card, which is a collage made with several pieces from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. I love heart images and was bummed when the Sweet and Sassy Framelits dies were retired last year, so am delighted that we now have a beautiful new set of hearts!
Here are the steps to make the card.
- Cut a piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of All My Love Designer Series Paper at 4″ square and adhere to front of card base.
- Use the large scalloped edge framelit to die cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Run through Big Shot.
- Use the smallest scalloped edge framelit to die cut a piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock. Run through Big Shot.
- Use the heart edgelit die to cut a piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock. There are two options for adhering this piece to the card. You can cut a piece of a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and adhere to the Lovely Lipstick cardstock before running it through the Big Shot or you can use the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Arrange die cut pieces on card front and adhere. Cut a length of Lovely Lipstick 1/8″ Grosgrain ribbon, tie into a bow and adhere to card using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ square for the inside of the card. Stamp with a greeting of your choice. I used the “Happy Valentine’s Day” greeting. from the Meant to Be stamp set. I also randomly adhered a few of the little hearts that popped out after die cutting with the edgelit. Be sure to save these pieces so you use use them to add a little extra something to your cards!
Here is the second card I made. I had an idea in mind when I started out and it took some twists and turns however I was happy with how it ended up!
Here are the steps to make this card.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of All My Love Designer Series Paper at 4″ square.
- Use the ornate heart from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits to die cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Run through the Big Shot.
- Use the medium scalloped die to cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock. Run through the Big Shot. You will use the inside heart piece from the Flirty Flamingo and can save the frame for another project. To adhere the hearts together line up the bottoms of the two hearts. I used Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue or you can also use the Fine Tip Glue Pen and lightly dot along edge of Flirty Flamingo heart piece. I added a few pearls for a little bling.
- Stamp the “You Make me Happy” greeting with Flirty Flamingo ink on Whisper White cardstsock. Die cut stamped greeting with smallest oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits and cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock with the coordinating scalloped edge framelit. Adhere together.
- To finish off the card front, cut a piece of white ribbon to fit around the piece of Designer Series Paper. Adhere with snail tape, wrapping both ends of ribbon to back of DSP. I used Whisper White Sheer 1/8″ Ribbon, which is now retired. Adhere the greeting over the ribbon. Adhere the ornate heart piece to the top of the card. Make sure that you only apply adhesive to the bottom piece of the heart. You also need to make sure that once the heart is attached that the height of the card doesn’t go past 5 1/4″ so that it fits nicely into the standard medium size envelopes.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ square for the inside of the card. Stamp with a greeting of your choice. I used the “Wishing You a Lovely Day” greeting from the Forever Lovely stamp set. I also stamped the little floral image in the center, using Flirty Flamingo ink.
You can shop my online store to purchase any of the products used to make these cards. Thanks for stopping by today!