Hello and Happy Passover to my Jewish friends and customers! I hosted a virtual Seder on FaceTime with a few friends yesterday and this evening will attend my temple’s second night Seder on Zoom. Although we are not able to be with our friends and loved ones in person, it is a wonderful way to still be able to spend some holiday time together.
Today I’m sharing a card featuring the Beautiful Friendship stamp set from the 2019-2020 annual catalog. I purchased it months ago and hadn’t used it yet, between the holiday catalog and the mini catalog releases keeping me busy, so finally cracked it open earlier this week. I made it for an elderly friend that lives in a local skilled nursing home and hope it cheered her up. I chose to work with a soft color palette, which can sometimes be out of my comfort zone, as I prefer more of the brights and jewel tones, but I’m so pleased with how it came out.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Rococo Rose cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Seaside Spray cardstock at 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and adhere to card base.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp large rose image with Rococo Rose ink. Stamp two small roses above large rose image. Stamp centers of large rose image with So Saffron ink.
- Stamp two blue flowers with Seaside Spray ink on either side of the roses.
- Stamp purple flowers around bottom of large rose image. I stamped them with the Purple Posy ink pad, which was discontinued due to issues with the ink quality. However, you can color the stamp with a Purple Posy Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Stamp leaves around the flowers with Soft Sea Foam ink. For an extra touch and to fill in some white spots around the flowers I stamped the dots from the Painted Harvest stamp set with So Saffron ink.
- Heat emboss the sentiment from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. Stamp image with Versamark ink on scrap piece of Seaside Spray cardstock and use a heat tool to emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Punch out with the Pretty Label punch.
- Cut piece of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and tie around stamped image with a single knot. Trim ends. Adhere piece to card. Adhere punched sentiment piece over the ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp small rose in bottom left corner, stamp leaves and stamp dots. I chose a sentiment from the Slice of Happiness set and stamped it with Seaside Spray ink.
This card was fun, quick and easy to put together!
Thanks for stopping by today!