Hello! Welcome to Kylie Bertucci’s Demonstrator Training Blog Hop for May. I’m part of a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world that participate in Kylie’s program for building our businesses. Please be sure to click on the names in the list at the end of this post to hop around and view the beautiful cards posted by so many talented stampers.
Today’s card features the Botanical Prints Product Medley in the 2020 Mini Catalog. I fell in love with this medley as soon as I saw it in the catalog, ordered it right away and then it sat, untouched until I finally pulled it out over the weekend. I don’t know how I neglected this – obviously got sidetracked somewhere along the way! I made a bunch of these cards to thank customers for their April orders. This lovely set will be retiring on June 2nd and I will be sad to see it go. I used the same layout as the Free as a Bird card I posted last week for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights, as it is a great way to showcase our designer series papers.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. This will be used as the base to attach the DSP and ribbon.
- Cut one piece of DSP at 2″ x 5 1/4″ and two contrasting pieces of DSP at 2″ x 2/12″ and 2″ x 2 3/4″ and adhere to card.
- Cut piece of ribbon at 6″ and adhere to card, covering center seam of the DSP, folding both ends of the ribbon to the back of the card. I used a small piece of tape to hold them in place. Adhere this base to the card base.
- Stamp floral image on scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp greeting with Tuxdeo Black Memento Ink, using the Stamparatus to position it so it is centered properly.
- Cut oval with the die from Layering Ovals set. Cut piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock with a scalloped die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Color the image with Stampin’ Blends. I used Old Olive light and dark for the leaves, Cajun Craze light and dark, Pumpkin Pie light for the flowers. Adhere image to the Terracotta Tile oval piece.
- Adhere oval to center of card. Use several Mini Glue Dots to adhere dragonfly to image.
Thanks for stopping by today!