Hello! Today I’m participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights. Readers get to vote on their top five favorites in the gallery and the top 10 winners will get to participate in an International Blog Hop later this month. The thank you theme is a way for us to show our appreciation to someone that has inspired, helped or supported us in some way. When I saw the Rainbow Glimmer Paper in the new annual catalog I immediately thought that it would work beautifully with the Butterfly Beauty dies and it did not disappoint! I combined it with the Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper, which I knew I had to have the minute I laid eyes on it!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Mango Melody cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Artistry Blooms DSP at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card base. I knew I wanted to work with the orange & pink color palette so I cut the strip of DSP at the full 12″ length and then cut the piece down to show the portion of the strip that had the most Mango Melody in the gradation.
- Cut strip of Rainbow Glimmer Paper at 4 1/2″ x 12″ and again, decide what gradation you want to use and make the final cut at 4 1’2″ x 6″. Run piece through a die cutting machine with one of the two large Butterfly Beauty dies. I chose the one that had the solid outside wings. Adhere to DSP.
- Stamp hello greeting from the Beauty Abounds stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento black ink on scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Cut out with the small circle die from the Tasteful Touches die set.
- Cut two pieces of Daffodil Delight Ruched ribbon, trim ends and adhere, criss-cross to butterfly. I found that either the Tear & Tape or Stampin’ Seal+ worked best when adhering to the glimmer paper surface. Adhere stamped greeting over the center of the ribbon.
- Adhere Champagne Rhinestones on the butterfly for some extra bling.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp greeting from Butterfly Gala stamp set with Magenta Madness ink. Stamp butterfly from Beauty Abounds stamp set with Mango Melody ink. Adhere to card.
I had so much fun making this card and it turned out exactly as I had pictured it. I’d be so appreciative if you would vote for my card by clicking on the vote image below. To give a vote, once you are in the gallery, click on the heart at the top right hand side of the picture as the hearts appear.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Bonus Days are back once again! From July 1 through August 3rd, for every $50 you spend (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5 Bonus Day coupon code that can be used from August 4th – 31st.
- You must have an email address in order to participate because the codes can only be delivered electronically.
- If you earn multiple coupons in a single order, all of the codes will be sent in one email. If you earn multiple coupons for multiple orders they will be sent in separate emails for each code earned.
- There is no limit on the number of coupon codes you can earn during this promotion.