Today is the seventh and next-to-last day of Chanukah. Here are two of the cards I designed to send to family and friends. Since Stampin’ Up! hasn’t had a Chanukah stamp set in many years I have had to purchase stamp sets from other companies. This year I purchased a new stamp set and coordinating dies from Honey Bee. I use Stampin’ Up products such as cardstock, Designer Series Paper and Specialty Papers, ink and embellishments. I also use retired products that I’ve kept, knowing that they work well with my limited blue, silver and gold color palette. This year I used Starry Sky, one of the 2022-2024 In Colors in several of the cards. It is such a bright and pretty blue and it worked beautifully. I also used greetings from the Brightest Glow stamp set in the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog. I loved that many of the greetings, while intended for Christmas cards, would be perfect for my cards because Chanukah is also known as the Festival of Lights and some of the greetings include the word “light.”
Here is how I made this card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Basic White Thick cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of the variegated paper from the Sun Prints Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and run through a die cutting machine with the largest Deckled Edge Rectangle die. Adhere to card base.
- Cut a piece of the silver dot paper from the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper at 3″ x 4 1/4″ and run through die cutting machine with the third largest Deckled Edge Rectangle Die and adhere to card front. This DSP was a free Sale-A-Bration item earlier this year.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ and run through die cutting machine with the fourth largest Deckled Edge Rectangle Die. Flick Wink of Stella and Night of Navy and Starry Sky ink onto piece with Stampin’ Blends.
- To make the candles, cut 1/2″ strips of the Starry Sky paper from the 2022-2024 In Color 6″x6″ Glimmer Paper and back with 1/2″ pieces of an adhesive sheet. For the flames, cut a scrap piece of Silver Foil Paper and back with an adhesive sheet. Use scrap pieces of Basic White cardstock for the candle backing pieces. Use the candle and flame dies from the Sentiment Silhouettes Dies. Die cut nine candles and nine backing pieces. Adhere together. Cut nine flames. Arrange candles on the Basic White Deckled Edge Rectangle piece and adhere with liquid glue. Adhere candle flames.
- Stamp greeting with Starry Sky ink at bottom of the piece. The greeting I used is from the Honey Bee stamp set. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting with Starry Sky ink on inside of card.
Here is how I made this card. I got the idea from Pinterest and apologize for not remembering who it came from. I had thought of using DSP strips for the candles and this design shows off the DSP very nicely.
- Card base – cut a piece of Starry Sky cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Run through embossing machine with the Peacock Embossing Folder (retired) and adhere to card front. I love this folder and it looks like flames!
- Cut eight strips of Designer Series Paper at 3/8″ x 3″ and one strip at 1/2″ x 3″. I used paper from the Sun Prints DSP and the 2022-2024 In Color 6″x6″ DSP. Arrange the strips on the card front, placing the 1/2″ strip in the middle. Adhere with liquid glue.
- Make the flames by using any bird punch that has a separate wing. I used a retired punch to do this. Use a scrap piece of Gold Foil paper and punch nine pieces. Adhere with either liquid glue or a glue dot.
- Stamp greeting with Starry Sky ink on scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. Run through die cutting machine with the smallest label die from the Seasonal Labels die set. Adhere over candles with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and stamp a greeting from the Brightest Glow stamp set with Starry Sky ink. Adhere to inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for December. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List