Today I’m sharing two quick card ideas using the Come Sail Away Memories and More Card Pack which is part of the Come Sail Away Suite. I’ve really enjoyed making many cards with this product suite. They make perfect “guy” cards! I’m happy that the Sailing Home stamp set and coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies will be carrying over to the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog however, all of the other products in the suite, including the Card Pack, are on the Last Chance list and will only be available while supplies last. The Card Pack is now $7.70, a 30% discount. Using the Card Pack makes putting cards together a breeze!
I recently made this card to send to my brother for his birthday. I did some stamping on this card but it still didn’t take much time to put it together. Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Crumb Cake cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut piece of the newsprint paper from the Come Sail Away Designer Series Papers at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to front of card.
- Select a coordinating 3″ x 4″ card from the Card Pack. Stamp a greeting with Soft Suede ink and embellish with stickers from the Card Pack. I used greetings from the Perennial Birthday stamp set, one of my “go to” birthday greeting sets. Note: this set is on the Last Chance list.
- Cut piece of Crumb Cake cardstock at 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and adhere to the stamped piece.
- Tie piece of Mini Braided Linen Trim around front of card and fray the edges. Attach Card Pack piece to front of card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Using one of the pieces of braided trim from the Card Pack stickers, adhere to edge on left side of piece and trim off the excess length.
- Stamp birthday greeting with Soft Suede ink. Using the smaller sailboat image from the Sailing Home stamp set, stamp bottom boat with Crumb Cake ink. For the second boat, ink the stamp with Crumb Cake, stamp off and then stamp onto piece, overlapping the bottom boat.
- Adhere to inside of card.
I made this card to send to my father. He is 98 years old and lives in a personal care facility nearby, however, due to Covid-19 I haven’t been able to visit with him since March 12 and am only able to do limited FaceTime sessions with him, so I send him cards every other week to say hello. There is no stamping on this card so it took very little time to put it together. Here is how I made this card.
- Card base – cut piece of Night of Navy cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half.
- Select one of the 4″ x 6″ cards from the Card Pack and cut 1/2″ off both sides of the card in order for it to fit onto the front of the card. Add one of the stickers from the Card Pack as an embellishment.
- For the inside of the card cut a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card.
- Select a 3″ x 4″ card with plenty of space for writing a note. The lighthouse image has lines so it is perfect for writing! I also used the “Love You” sticker from the Card Pack.
Thanks for stopping by today!