Today I’m featuring a yummy birthday card made with the Birthday Goodness stamp set pictured on page 62 in the 2019-2020 annual catalog. I love the images and type font in this set.
Purple Posy is my favorite of the five new InColors and I decided to use it as the main color for the card. One evening as I was searching for color combinations I came across some cards from a recent Color Fusers Blog Hop that featured Purple Posy, Seaside Spray and Soft Sea Foam and thought it was a soft, feminine color combination. While I love pastels, I tend to go a little brighter with my colors, so I decided to challenge myself and am pleased with how pretty the colors look together.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – Purple Posy cardstock cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half.
- Cut another piece of Purple Posy cardstock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Emboss with the Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder. Cut an 18″ piece of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and tie in a bow around embossed piece. Adhere to card base.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 2 3/4″ x 4 3/4″. Stamp image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Color image with Stampin’ Blends. I used Seaside Spray dark and light Blends for the roses, Purple Posy and Soft Sea Foam dark and light for the macarons and dark Petal Pink for the cream filling. For the cake stand I used dark and light Smoky Slate.
- Die cut image using the next-to- largest die in the Stitched Nested Label set. Using the largest die in the set cut a piece of Soft Sea Foam . Adhere together. Attach to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting with Seaside Spray ink and punch out with the Classic Label punch. Adhere to image with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add a few sequins from the Woven Threads Sequin Assortment for an extra-added touch.
- Inside of card – Stamp a greeting from the set on piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″ with Seaside Spray ink.
Tomorrow is the last day you can earn Bonus Coupons. For every $50 you spend you will get a $5.00 coupon that you can redeem when you place orders in August.
This great deal on the Starter Kit continues to run through August 31st. Spend $99 and select $155 worth of products, which is an additional $30 more than the regular cost of the kit. You will also get free shipping and a $10 coupon that can be redeemed on a future order. Now is a great time to join Stampin’ Up and become a happy discount shopper! You can get your hands on the new 2019 Holiday Catalog early and place pre-orders beginning on August 1! Here’s a sneak peek of the catalog image.
Thanks for stopping by today!