Today’s card is a fun fold card that features the gorgeous chrysanthemum flower image in the Crane of Fortune stamp set. This is part of the Symbols of Fortune Suite in the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog. This was the first Suite I purchased when the catalog went live and while I’ve made a number of cards using products from the suite, I haven’t had a chance to post any of them until now. This suite will be retiring at the end of June so if any of the products in the suite have been on your wish list, now is the time to purchase them.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 2 3/4″ and 8 1/4″. Fold and crease sharply with a bone folder.
- Cut two pieces of the chrysanthemum paper from the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper at 2 1/2″ x 4″. Cut two pieces from a different sheet of paper at 2 1/2″ x 4″. Adhere the chrysanthemum DSP strips to the front folds and the contrasting DSP strips to the inside flaps.
- Cut a 4″ square piece of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the floral image using the direct to rubber technique. Color the flowers onto the stamp with a Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write marker. Color the leaves and stems with a Soft Succulent Stampin’ Write marker. Huff on the stamp to activate the ink and stamp onto the cardstock. This is a Distinktive stamp set, which will give you a photo realistic and beautifully shaded image. Brush image with Wink of Stella to add shimmer.
- Cut out image with the largest scalloped die from the Hippo & Friend Die set. Note that this set of dies is now retired. You can use any other die that is similar in shape and size.
- Stamp greeting with Evening Evergreen ink. I used one of the greetings from the Art Gallery stamp set. Embellish with three Opal Rounds.
- Die cut a piece of Soft Succulent cardstsock with the same Hippo die and adhere to back of the stamped image.
- Apply adhesive or liquid glue to the left side of the image and adhere to the left front flap.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp greeting from Crane of Fortune stamp set with Evening Evergreen ink. Stamp dragonfly image in upper right corner with Calypso Coral ink. Stamp leaf image with Soft Succulent ink in bottom left corner. Adhere to inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
The January–June 2022 Mini Catalog will be retiring soon! With every retiring catalog comes a spectacular sale: the Last Chance Products promotion! With this sale, you can stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good. Save up to 50% on essential craft supplies starting on June 1, 2022, with availability while products last.
Click here to view the list of retiring products.
Join Stampin’ Up! now through May 31. Choose $125 worth of products for $99 plus get $66.50 in bonus 2022-2024 In Color Products for free! Here are the free items that will be added to your starter kit.
- 2022-2024 In Color Grid Paper – Item number 160009
- 2022-2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection – Item number 161108
- 2022-2024 In Color Cardstock Collection – 159204
- 2022 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Assortment – Item number 159253
In addition, you will receive a free Paper Pumpkin Kit and free shipping. You do not have to build a business! Become a happy discount shopper and enjoy a minimum 20% discount on all future orders. Click here to learn more about the benefits of joining Stampin’ Up! For further information about joining my team, click here.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for May. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List