Today’s card features the Honey Bee bundle pictured on page 30 in the mini catalog, along with the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper that you can earn for FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration! The stamp set is so cute and I love all of the “sweet” sentiments in the set.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – Cut piece of Basic Black cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score and fold in half.
- Cut piece of paper from the Golden Honey DSP pack at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut this piece so that you have two pieces measuring 4″ x 3 3/4″ and 4″ x 1 1/2″. Adhere both pieces to card base, flipping one piece on the opposite side of the paper.
- Cut piece of Basic Black cardstock at 1″ x, 4″. Select one of the sentiments from the stamp set and stamp with Versamark. Heat emboss with Gold Embossing Powder. Adhere to card
- Cut two pieces of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and use one for the inside of the card. Stamp the bee hive, two flowers and two bees on the other piece of the Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp the beehive with either Pineapple Punch or Daffodil Delight ink. I had planned to use the Daffodil Delight, however, my ink pad has seen better days and even when I reinked it, the image was blotchy. So, I used Pineapple Punch, which is a bright cheery yellow. It is one of the InColors that will be retiring in June. I haven’t used it much, so it was nice to be able to work with it on this project! I am now the owner of a new Daffodil Delight ink pad too LOL!
- Stamp the flowers and bees with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color in with the Pineapple Punch Stampin’ Write Marker or Stampin’ Blends Marker. Cut out all images with the Detailed Bees Dies.
- Adhere beehive and flowers to the card . Adhere the bees with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, using the other piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp a honey bee in the upper corner of the card. Cut a piece of DSP at 1/2″ x 4″ and adhere to bottom of piece. Adhere to card.
This is another of the cards we made at my recent club meeting and everyone enjoyed making this project – even those that aren’t fond of bees!
Sale-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! I’d love to have you as part of my team! Click here to join.
- Build your starter kit by picking $125 worth of products for $99
- Get a FREE mini paper cutter and a selection of 6×6 Designer Series Papers from the Mini Catalog. The cutter is great for working with smaller pieces of Designer Series Paper or cardstock, as well as scraps! It is exclusive as a joining incentive and is not available for purchase.
- Pick any stamp set of your choice from current catalogs (excluding host sets and Sale-A-Bration sets).
- FREE shipping on the starter kit.
- When you join, you will be entitled to a 20% discount on all orders.
- There is NO obligation to remain active past July 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today!