Hello! I haven’t been posting much lately. Sadly, my father, who turned 100 years old in January, unexpectedly passed away three weeks ago so I’ve had to put my projects on the back burner. My father was a kind and wonderful man, and everyone that knew him described him as a gentleman. He was an educator, teaching industrial arts for many years. His carpentry work was beautiful and he spent hours making exquisite model ships with thousands of pieces of wood and thread. He wasn’t only my father – he was also my mentor and friend and I will miss him more than I can say. I’d like to think that my artistic sensibilities and creativity came from him. So, for now, while I am back making cards and have started my in-person classes up again, I will probably be posting sporadically for the next month or two as I tend to my consulting business and taking care of my father’s business as well.
Today’s card is one of four projects we made at my stamping club yesterday and it features the Rainbows of Happiness Bundle and the coordinating Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper that you can get for free with a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration. The Sale-A-Bration promotion ends tomorrow, February 28th, so you have just two days left to get this DSP! I’ve been wanting to make a card using the Double Dutch Door fold for quite some time and thought these products would lend themselves perfectly to this fun fold. It is a super easy fold and a great way to show off Designer Series Papers you have in your stash.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – Cut one piece of Magenta Madness cardstock at 8 3/4″ x 4 1/2″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder. Cut another piece of Magenta Madness cardstock at 8 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ and score at 2 1/8″ from each end. Fold and crease sharply with a bone folder.
- For the top flap, cut piece of striped paper from the Sunshine and Rainbows Designer series paper at 4″ x 3 1/8″. The stripes are directional so keep it in mind when cutting so that they are vertical and not horizontal. Adhere to flap.
- Cut two pieces of the polka dot DSP at 2″ x 2 1/8″ and adhere to each of the side flaps.
- Adhere the front panel to the side panel.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 7/8″ square. Stamp three rainbow arcs with Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green and Bermuda Bay ink. I started by using the next to largest stamp for the Magenta Madness arc. When stamping, leave enough room to stamp the greeting at the bottom of the piece. Stamp the greeting with Misty Moonlight ink. Cut three clouds from a scrap piece of Mango Melody cardstock with the dies from the Brilliant Rainbow Dies. Adhere to both sides at the bottom of the rainbow image.
- Cut a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock at 3″ square. Adhere it to the stamped image. Adhere piece to the top flap with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp greeting with Misty Moonlight ink. Stamp small hearts with Magenta Madness ink. Adhere to inside of card.
I was cheered up as I was making this card. I love the fun images and bright colors!
Thanks for stopping by today!
There are only two days remaining for Sale-A-Bration! View the Sale-A-Bration brochure by clicking on the image on the right side-bar. This is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! Select $125 worth of products for only $99 and you will also get two FREE stamp sets (excluding host sets and SAB sets) of your choice! The kit ships for free. As a demonstrator you will enjoy a 20% discount on all future orders. Become a happy discount shopper or build a business – the choice is yours. I’d love to have you join my team! Click here to learn more about the benefits of joining Stampin’ Up!
The Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin Kit includes watercolor prints and designs inspired by the beautiful nature around us to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes. And paper pieces that perfectly coordinate with the New Horizons Suite Collection in the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog. And if you thought one stamp set was great just wait—this month’s kit comes with a BONUS stamp set for FREE! That’s two stamp sets in one kit! It’s our way of saying THANK YOU to you our Paper Pumpkin subscribers. Create 3 each of 3 different designs. Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Evening Evergreen, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pale Papaya. For further information and to subscribe, click here to visit my Paper Pumpkin website.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for February. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List