Hello! I made a few birthday cards to send out this month and thought it was the perfect time to break out Fancy Phrases, a new set in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. The floral images are lovely and if you like to color, you will enjoy using your Stampin’ Blends or watercoloring. I also like the variety of greetings and type fonts included in this set. I used an easy fun fold that I think shows off the colored image beautifully.
One of my favorite color combinations is gray and yellow and I haven’t used it in awhile so I decided to make two cards, each with different shades from the two color families.
The first card uses Basic Gray and Bumble Bee.
The second card uses Gray Granite and So Saffron for a softer look.
Here is how I made the cards.
- First card base: Cut piece of Basic Gray or Gray Granite cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 6 1/2″. Score at 2 1/4″, fold and crease sharply with a bone folder. Second card base: Cut piece of Bumblebee or So Saffron cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 6 1/2″, score at 3 1/4″, fold and crease sharply with a bone folder.
- Cut two pieces of the large Bumblebee floral paper from the Flowers from Every Season Designer Series Paper or two pieces of a Gray Granite paper from the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper at 2″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere to front and inside flap of the larger card base.
- Cut two pieces of Whisper White cardstock at 3″ x 4″. Stamp the large floral image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and stamp the birthday greeting Basic Gray ink. For the inside of the card stamp another greeting with Basic Gray ink and stamp the smaller flower with the Memento ink in the bottom left corner of the card. I used the Stamparatus for the large image and greeting in order to position it perfectly.
- Color the images. I used the light and dark So Saffron and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends for the flowers and light and dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends for the leaves.
- Adhere the colored in images to the smaller yellow card bases. Make sure that the opening is to the left side before adhering to the larger gray card bases in order to have them overlap the front of the card when folded. The front flap of the larger card bases will be tucked into the opening of the smaller card bases.
- Embellish the card front with a few pearlescent white Elegant Faceted Gems. On the inside of the smaller yellow card bases I adhered square vellum doilies for an extra-added touch.
To my readers, I will be taking a week-10-day hiatus from blogging. In addition to my Stampin’ Up! business I have an information consulting business and was recently asked to give a presentation to a local women’s business group I belong to on September 8. I’ve done many presentations over the years but this is on a new topic so I have to start from scratch. All of my energies need to be focused there. I will still be making new cards during this time and look forward to sharing them with you when I return. I will also be re-organizing my craft room-it’s time to pack away retired products to make room for all of my new goodies!
If you received bonus coupons this past July, don’t forget to redeem them by August 31st! When shopping online, once you are on the check-out page, enter the coupon codes you should have received in an email from Stampin’ Up!
Thanks for stopping by today!