Today’s cards feature the Forever Fern stamp set and coordinating Forever Flourishing Dies, along with the Pretty Prints Designer Series Paper. I recently attended Stampapalooza, an online stamping retreat. One of the activities was a mystery project, where a series of clues were posted that included supplies needed, cutting and scoring dimensions, etc. I had an unopened package of Pretty Prints DSP waiting to be used, and once I decided on the DSP, the rest of the card quickly fell into place! I immediately thought that the Forever Fern stamp set and Fern 3D Embossing Folder would look great with the paper. The first card I made used Evening Evergreen as the main color and later on I went back and made two other cards with Blackberry Bliss and Bermuda Bay. Give this fun fold a try. It is easy to make and is also a great way to showcase DSP and coordinating stamps! I made a few Halloween cards using this fold too.
Here is how I made the cards,
- Card base – cut a piece of cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder. Cut off a 1 1/2″ piece from the front side of the cardstock and trim it down to 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of DSP at 2 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card front.
- Run 1 1/2″ strip through a die cutting & embossing machine with the Fern 3D Embossing folder.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere the embossed piece to the right edge. Stamp one of the fern images from the stamp set at bottom left.
- Cut a piece of cardstock at 3 1/2″ x 3″ and score at 1/2″ with the long side at the top of your trimmer. Fold on score line and give a sharp crease with a bone folder. Run a line of liquid glue or adhesive along the 1/2″ side. Center this piece in the middle of the Basic White cardstock piece and adhere. Adhere the entire piece to the inside of the card.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 3/4″ square. On a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp one of the fern images and run through die cutting and embossing machine with the coordinating die. Adhere to Basic White square piece at an angle. Stamp the speckled image several times around the fern. Stamp “hello” at bottom right. Adhere to front flap. Embellish with a few rhinestones.
Colors used for this card: Cardstock: Evening Evergreen for card base, Soft Succulent for fun fold flap; Ink: Evening Evergreen for greeting, Soft Succulent for ferns, Soft Sea Foam for the speckles
Colors used for this card: Cardstock: Bermuda Bay for card base, Coastal Cabana for fun fold flap; Ink: Evening Evergreen for greeting, Coastal Cabana for ferns, Pool Party for the speckles.
Colors used for this card: Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss for card base, Rich Razzleberry for fun fold flap; Ink: Blackberry Bliss for greeting, Rich Razzleberry for ferns, Fresh Freesia for the speckles.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Clearance Rack Refresh
Lots of new items were recently added to the clearance rack and they have been going fast! Sales are while supplies last! Click on the banner to check out the items that are still currently available in my online store
Now is a great time to consider joining Stampin’ Up! There is only one week remaining to take advantage of this great offer – when you purchase the Starter Kit you get to pick $155 worth of product for only $99 plus free shipping! You also get a free past Paper Pumpkin kit. Join as a happy discount shopper or as a business – the choice is yours! A few other benefits of joining are: enjoy a 20%-25% discount on all orders as an active demonstrator, get to see new catalogs early and place pre-orders, attend in-person and virtual Stampin’ Up! events. I’d love to have you on my team! Click here for further information and to join.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for October. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List