Hello! Welcome to Kylie Bertucci’s Demonstrator Training Blog Hop for December. I’m part of a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world that participate in Kylie’s program for building our businesses. Please be sure to click on the names in the list at the end of this post to hop around and view the beautiful projects posted by so many talented stampers.
Today’s card is a fun fold and is a sneak peek of the Dandy Garden Mega-Suite from the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog that will be available beginning on January 5th . One of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is that we have been able to pre-order these products since December 1st. I fell in love with this suite because the beautiful images in the stamp sets and Designer Series Papers remind me of the Arts and Crafts decorative and fine arts movement that began in the United Kingdom in the 1860’s, spread across Europe and the United States and lasted until the 1920’s. I’ve always been drawn to the beauty of this movement.
I had this idea in my head for the last two months and had hoped to contribute this project to Kylie and Bruno’s Dragonfly Wishes Mega Bundle Tutorial, however, time got away from me and I couldn’t meet the deadline. I run a consulting business and received project work in November from two different clients, so whenever that happens, Stampin’ Up! has to take a back seat – when it rains it pours!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Bumblebee cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- For the fun fold, cut a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock at 4″ x 10 1/4″. Score at 5 1/4″ and 7 3/4″, fold and crease sharply with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of the Bumblebee floral design paper from Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper at 3 3/4″ x 5″ and adhere to the front of the Mossy Meadow piece. Cut two pieces of a contrasting DSP at 2 1/4″ x 3 3’4″. Adhere one to the front of the folded flap and the other on the inside of the flap.
- Stamp the dandelion image from the Garden Wishes stamp set in Memento Black Ink. Color the leaves and stem with dark and light Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends. Color the flower with the dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ blends. Cut out with the coordinating die from the Dandy Wishes dies.
- Die cut the white stem piece from a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Die cut five each of the large and small thin leaf blades from Mossy Meadow and Old Olive cardstock. Adhere several large Mossy Meadow blades to the smaller Old Olive blades and several large Old Olive blades to the smaller Mossy Meadow blades for contrast.
- Die cut one bee from the sheet of DSP with bee images using the coordinating bee die from the set.
- Stamp the thank you greeting from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set. Cut with the second smallest oval die from the Stitched Shapes dies.
- Adhere the die cut flower to the front folded flap so that the top of the flower is above the fold. Adhere the greeting to the front flap with Stampin’ Dimensionals, partially overlapping the leaves of the flower.
- Adhere the white flower stem to the Bumblebee DSP with liquid glue, only applying it to the stem and base of the flower, leaving the floral part free for added dimension. Adhere the bee with two Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the five sets of leaf blades to the back of the folded flap with liquid glue. Let them overlap and staggering the height.
- For the inside of the card cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp greeting from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set with Mossy Meadow ink. Stamp two sets of the small scattered dragonflies with Bumblebee ink.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s Year-End Closeout Sale continues through January 4, 2021. You’ll get deep discounts, some as much as 50% off, on your favorite products from the August–December 2020 Mini Catalog, also known as the Holiday Catalog. If you’ve been waiting to make last-minute purchases from this catalog, now is the time, as availability is only while supplies last. Please note that all of the bundles in the Holiday Catalog will be retired, however some stamp sets with coordinating dies or punches that are currently sold as bundles at 10% off will be carrying over and will be sold as individual items.
Click here to view a list of retiring items.
Click here to view a list of products that will be carrying over.
You can purchase any of these items through my online store.