This Potted Geranium card is one of the cards we made at my monthly class last week. We made another card with this bundle and I will be posting it in the next week or two. When I think summer plants, geraniums always come to mind and I always have at least one flower pot filled with them on the little patio off my kitchen.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of the striped paper from the Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 3″ x 4 1/4″. Run through die cutting & embossing machine with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamp geranium leaves with Garden Green ink on piece of Basic White cardstock. This is a two-step stamp set so first, stamp the leaf base, stamping off once before stamping onto the cardstock. Stamp the detailed leaf image over the base.
- Stamp flower base with Sweet Sorbet ink, stamping off once. Stamp detailed flower image with Real Red ink over flower base.
- Stamp flower pot with Basic Gray ink, stamping off once for the base image and stamp detailed image over base.
- Stamp the spike with Basic Gray ink on scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. Stamp greeting with Sweet Sorbet ink.
- Run all stamped images through die cutting machine with the Geraniums Dies. Arrange pieces on the Timeworn Type piece and adhere. Adhere piece to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut piece of black & white gingham ribbon, tie into a small bow and adhere to flower pot with a Mini Glue Dot. Embellish with a few Basic Black Classic Matte Dots.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Sale-A-Bration! runs through August 31st and is going strong! Select free items with every $50 or $100 purchases. There is no limit on the number of times you can get free items. Please note that all SAB products are only available while supplies last. The Pool Party & Soft Sea Foam Cards & Envelopes (item #159940) are no longer available.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for July. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List