Hello! Today I’m sharing two cards I made with the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper and the Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate from the Fine Art Floral Suite. The DSP is beautiful on its own, however, the acetate adds a wow pop of gold! I used two different sheets of the DSP and the coordinating acetate sheets. I made a bunch of these cards so I could have a few extras on hand.
Here is how I made the cards.
- For the card bases I chose a few different colors of cardstock that coordinated with the DSP. For these two cards I used Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo. Cut cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut one piece each of Flirty Flamingo and Poppy Parade cardstock at 1″ x 4″.
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to front of card base.
- Overlay the acetate sheet over the DSP to make sure that the two designs line up in the right direction. Once that is done, put the acetate sheets aside and cut strips of the DSP at 4″ x 12″ and then cut the length of the strip down to 5 1/4″. You will get two full pieces per strip.
- Cut strips of the acetate sheets at 4″ x 12″ and then cut the length of the strips down to 5 1/4″. You will get two full pieces from each strip. Match each of these pieces with the coordinating DSP pieces.
- To adhere the acetate to the DSP adhere a few mini glue dots on the back of acetate sheet in spots where they will not show.
- Stamp greetings from the Art Gallery stamp set on scrap pieces of Basic White cardstock with Flirty Flamingo and Poppy Parade ink. Cut with the label dies from the Floral Gallery dies. I used the thank you and birthday greetings. Adhere to the 1″ cardstock strips. Adhere strips to the DSP pieces. I didn’t want the large flowers to be covered up by the strip so for each piece I adhered them either higher up or lower down.
- Cut a 24″ length of Fine Art Floral ribbon and tie in a bow around the DSP piece over the cardstock strip. Trim ends. This ribbon is so soft to work with and adds a touch of elegance to the cards.
- Adhere DSP piece to the Basic White cardstock piece on the card front.
- Cut another piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and stamp a greeting or leave blank. I decided to leave the cards I made blank so I could personalize them for each recipient.
Thanks for stopping by today!
There are only five days remaining before the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog retires on May 3rd. While some products are now sold out, there are still many remaining products available at up to 75% off, while supplies last. Click here to shop for last-chance products in my online store.
The 2021-2022 Annual Catalog ordering period begins on Tuesday, May 4th!
Please use this April Host Code when you shop in my online store if your order is between $50 and $149.00 and you will receive a free gift from me. If your order is $150 or more, DO NOT use this code, as you will be entitled to Stampin’ Rewards. You will still receive the free gift from me.Product List