I finally found time to begin playing with all of the new products I ordered from the 2018 Holiday Catalog! Today I am featuring the first of two cards I created using the Dashing Deer Bundle pictured on pages 8-9. I love how the deer antlers form a pretty flourish. I also like the thank you sentiments included in the stamp set because at holiday time it is nice to reach out and thank people for things they might have done for you or the community during the year. I decided to use the elegant Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper pictured on page 29 for my backgrounds.
Here are the steps I took to make the card:
- Cut a piece of Merry Merlot cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half for a portrait layout card.
- Cut a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of the paper of your choice from the Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Papers. I chose one with a white background so that my focal piece would stand out.
- Stamp the large image of the deer in Sahara Sand ink on Whisper White cardstock and run through the Big Shot using the coordinating Detailed Deer Thinlits Die. It is hard to see in the photo but I brushed clear Wink of Stella all over the deer for a bit of shimmer and let dry. Die cut a Tranquil Tide flower from one of the flower dies in the set.
- Cut a piece of Merry Merlot cardstock at 2 5/8″ x 3 3/4″. Using the Merry Merlot striped paper from the Joyous Noel DSP cut a piece at 2 1/2″ x 3 5/8″ and adhere to the cardstock. Adhere the deer to this piece and adhere the flower to the deer with a mini glue dot. I added a small pearl to the center of the flower.
- Stamp the Happiest Christmas Wishes sentiment with Tranquil Tide ink on Whisper White cardstock. I used the banner thinlit from the Petals and More Thinlits but you can use any punch or thinlit that would fit the sentiment.
- Cut a piece of the luscious new Tranquil Tide 1/4″ Velvet Ribbon, which is included in the Frosted Floral Suite shown on page 37. Adhere lengthwise down the center of the card and then adhere the designer paper to the card base. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, attach the deer focal piece to the card and then attach the sentiment below this piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment with Tranquil Tide ink and the floral banner was stamped with Merry Merlot ink.
To download a copy of the 2018 Holiday Catalog click on the catalog cover pictured on the upper right side of this blog post.
You can purchase any of these products from my Online Store.
Thanks for stopping by today!