Today’s card features products from the Magic in this Night suite. When I saw this suite in the August-December 2020 mini catalog I knew right away that I would purchase some of the products because as much as I enjoy the more traditional Halloween stamps and papers, the ones this year are more sophisticated or elegant and it is a nice change of pace! I decided to showcase the die cut labels by making a gatefold card. It is one of the cards we made in my stamping club this month.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Basic Black cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 2 1/8″ on both ends, fold and crease sharply with a bone folder.
- Cut four strips of Magic in the Night Designer Series Paper at 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere two of the strips to the front flaps and the remaining two strips to the inside flaps.
- Stamp “Happy Halloween” greeting from the Hallows Night Magic stamp set with Cajun Craze ink on scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. Run through die cutting machine with the smaller label die from the Halloween Magic dies.
- Cut piece of Black Glitter paper with the larger die from the Halloween Magic dies. Adhere the stamped greeting to this piece with either Tear and Tape or Stampin’ Seal+. Adhere entire label piece to the left flap on the card front. Make sure that you only apply glue to the left part of the label so that the card can be opened!
- From the sheet of Magic in the Night DSP with the bats, cut out both the large and small bats with the coordinating die from the Halloween Magic dies. Both shapes are included on the one die. Adhere bats to label.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp another greeting from the Hallows Night Magic stamp set with Cajun Craze ink. Stamp small bat images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in opposite corners. Adhere to inside of card.
- Cut length of Metallic Mesh ribbon, tie into a bow and adhere to corner of label with a glue dot.
Thanks for stopping by today!