Today I’m featuring the Needlepoint Nook product suite from the Occasions catalog. The stamps include lovely floral images and a wonderful variety of greetings and type fonts. When you look close up at the Designer Series Papers the floral images are actual embroidered pieces that have been photographed and turned into these papers. The reverse sides of the papers feature different embroidery stitches. As someone who loves to embroider I really appreciate the work that went into creating them!
Here is a card I made for Mother’s Day using the Needle & Thread stamp set, Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies and Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper.
Here are the steps to make the card:
- Card base – Berry Burst card stock cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and fold in half
- Cut piece of Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and attach to card base
- Cut piece of Blushing Bride card stock at 3″ x 4″ and using the large floral die run through the Big Shot to emboss the stitched floral image
- Stamp the largest flower with Berry Burst ink and stamp two of the smaller flowers, one with Balmy Blue and one with Highland Heather ink. Stamp the large leaf image with Old Olive ink. Die cut all images by running through the Big Shot
- Use the Well Said bundle from the Occasions catalog to die cut the word “happy” from Balmy Blue card stock and stamp the Mother’s Day words on small piece of Whisper White card stock with Balmy Blue ink. To adhere the word you can either attach a small piece of a multipurpose adhesive sheet to the Balmy Blue card stock before running through the Big Shot or you can use multipurpose liquid glue or the fine-tip glue pen to adhere. Trim Mother’s Day words and attach underneath the “happy” die cut.
- Arrange die cut floral images and adhere to card using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Attach piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″ to inside of card and if desired, stamp image of large flower with Berry Burst ink at bottom of card.
Here is another card using the product suite. It was one of the make and take projects we made at Stampin’ Up’s OnStage event last November. The greeting, “sending you happiness and love” is a perfect sentiment for a Mother’s Day card.
All of the products in this suite will be retiring on June 3rd so if you would like to purchase any of them do not wait because availability is while supplies last! Visit my online store to purchase these products.
You won’t want to miss out on the May 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit, which was designed by Shelli Gardner, founder and Board Chairman of Stampin’ Up! The deadline to order this kit is May 10th and it will arrive in your mailbox by May 20th. While this kit is stand-alone and all you need to add is adhesives, it has been designed to coordinate with the new Bird Ballad product suite in the 2019-2020 annual catalog so if you are an avid crafter you can use the products in this kit to design your own cards. For additional information and to order click here to visit my Paper Pumpkin site.
Thanks for stopping by today!