Hello! Today I have another card featuring the Peaceful Poppies Suite. I used both the Painted Poppies and Peaceful Moments stamp sets and selected one of my favorite colors, Blackberry Bliss, as the main color.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – Cut piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Papers at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to front of card.
- Cut coordinating piece of DSP at 3″ x 3 1/2″ and adhere at an angle in the center of the card front.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Stamp poppy image from the Painted Poppies stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, leaving room at the bottom of the piece to add the greeting.
- Color the flower with the light and dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blends and color the leaves with light and dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Stamp the small splatter image from the stamp set five time around the flower with Blackberry Bliss ink, stamping off each time before stamping onto cardstock.
- Stamp the birthday greeting from the Peaceful Moments stamp set with Versamark Ink on scrap piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock. Heat emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Punch out with the Lable Me Fancy Punch, one of the new punches in the Mini Catalog.
- Die cut a Blackberry Bliss scalloped trim piece using the die from the Painted Labels Dies set.
- Put the card together by adhering the scalloped trim piece to the bottom of the stamped image. Adhere to angled piece of DSP. Attach the greeting with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp greeting with Blackberry Bliss ink. Stamp poppy image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color with the light and dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blends. Adhere to card.
Paper Pumpkin is celebrating its 7th anniversary by including an additional free stamp set in the March kit. Think daffodils, raindrops and a fresh spring vibe! Kit contains supplies to make 12 cards, 4 each of 3 designs and are notecard sized at 5″ x 3 1/2″. The coordinating colors are Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Grapefruit Grove, Gray Granite, Pear Pizzazz, Shaded Spruce and So Saffron. Visit my Paper Pumpkin website to subscribe. The deadline is March 10th and it will arrive in your mailbox by the 20th of the month.
Thanks for stopping by today!