Hello and welcome to Kylie Bertucci’s Demonstrator Training Blog Hop for January! I’m part of a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world that participate in Kylie’s program for building our businesses . Click on the names in the list below to hop around and view the beautiful cards posted by so many talented stampers.
Today I’m featuring a card from the gorgeous Painted Poppies suite, my favorite in the new Mini-Catalog. Poppy Parade has always been a favorite color of mine ever since it was first introduced as an InColor years ago. I was so happy when Stampin’ Up! brought it back during the last color refresh, however I haven’t had as much occasion to use it as I’d like because it has seldom been included in any of our Designer Series Papers until now, with the Peaceful Poppies paper. I’m glad they are showing it a little love!
I turned to one of my tried and true card layouts as it is ideal for showcasing both our beautiful DSP and larger stamp images at the same time. Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Poppy Parade cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score and fold in half.
- Cut piece of the large poppy print at 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to front of card.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 3 1/2″ x 3″. Cut piece of smaller poppy print DSP at 3 3/8″ x 2 7/8″ and adhere together. Tie Whisper White 1/4″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon into bow around this piece and adhere to card.
- For the stamped image, cut a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock at 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ and a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 3 1/8″ x 2 5/8″.
- Stamp poppy image from the Painted Poppies stamp set and a greeting from the Peaceful Moments stamp set on the Whisper White cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I chose the birthday greeting but you can use any of the greetings in the set that would fit into the space. Use the Stamparatus to help position the greeting.
- Color the flowers with light and dark Stampin’ Blends in Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo and Calypso Coral. Color leaves with the dark Old Olive Blends.
- Adhere stamped image to the Poppy Parade mat. Adhere to larger matted piece. Adhere a few of the light Poppy Parade flower sequins from the Peaceful Poppy Sequins. I used Mini Glue Dots but you can also use the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 5 1/4″ x 4″. Stamp greeting in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Cut a strip of DSP at 5 1/4″ x 1/2″. The new Mini Paper Cutter worked beautifully to cut this strip!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Sale-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! I’d love to have you as part of my team! Click here to join.
- Build your starter kit by picking $125 worth of products for $99
- Get a FREE mini paper cutter and a selection of 6×6 Designer Series Papers from the Mini Catalog. The cutter is great for working with smaller pieces of Designer Series Paper or cardstock, as well as scraps! It is exclusive as a joining incentive and is not available for purchase.
- Pick any stamp set of your choice from current catalogs (excluding host sets and Sale-A-Bration sets).
- FREE shipping on the starter kit.
- When you join, you will be entitled to a 20% discount on all orders.
- There is NO obligation to remain active past July 2020.
Place a personal order or party order over $300 and earn this adorable Sale-A-Bration FREE exclusive Little Ladybug host set. A coordinating set of dies will be available for purchase beginning on February 4th!