Today’s card is one of two cards we made in one of my recent classes and it features the Simply Sparkling Bundle. This fun stamp set and dies were introduced as Online Exclusives in November. There are so many ways to get creative with the stamps and I think it works well for both feminine and masculine cards. You can use it either as a soda can or a beer can.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Pool Party cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Cut 4″ off one side and fold at the score line. With the remaining 4″ piece, cut one piece at 1 1/2″. This will be used for the bottom of the card.
- Cut four strips of the polka dot pattern paper from the Lighter Than Air DSP at 1 1/4″ x 4″. I was looking through my DSP for something that would look like bubbles and thought this looked great. Adhere to the card fronts and inside pieces.
- Cut a piece of Lemon Lolly cardstock at 2 7/8″ x 4 1/4″. Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 5/8″ x 4″. Run through embossing folder with the circle folder from the Cheery Patterns Embossing Folder. This set of folders was in the September-December 2023 Mini Catalog and was still current when I made the card, however, it is now retired. You can substitute it with the dot folder in the Basics 3D Embossing Folder set which is still available as an Online Exclusive. Adhere to Lemon Lolly piece.
- Run the can die through your die cutting machine with a piece of the Lemon Lolly and white flower pattern paper from the Bright and Beautiful DSP cut at 2 1/2″ x 3″. Cut a 2″ square piece of the holographic paper from the Holographic Trio Specialty Paper in the annual catalog. Run through die cutting machine with the top and bottom can dies. Adhere to the can piece.
- Stamp greeting on can with Memento Black Ink. Adhere can to Lemon Lolly piece.
- Stamp the lemon image with Memento Black ink onto a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. Color with Dark Lemon Lolly, Dark Daffodil Delight and Light and Dark Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Blends. Run through die cutting machine with the lemon die.
- Stamp straw with Flirty Flamingo ink on scrap piece of Basic White cardstock and run through die cutting machine with the straw die. Adhere the lemon and straw to the can. Add a bit of bling. I used the Adhesive-Backed Glitter Sequins, also recently retired, but any sparkly gems would work just fine!
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp birthday greeting and lemon image with Memento Black ink. Make sure that both the greeting (no matter what greeting you use) and lemon images are stamped so that they don’t stick out when the front flap is closed. Color the lemon with the Lemon Lolly and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. Adhere to inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Two new kits have been added to the Kits Collection and are available for purchase in my online store.
Rock Legend $14.00 Item #163272
Kit contains supplies to make 8 cards, 4 each of two different designs. Finished card size is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Coordinating colors are: Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Real Red.
Panda Friends $14.00 Item #163273
Kit contains supplies to make 8 cards, 4 each of two different designs. There are two finished card sizes, 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Coordinating colors are: Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, Poppy Parade. So cute! we had a panda bear stamp set as part of Sale-A-Bration a few years ago and it was way popular, so it is nice to see this kit!
Sweet Springtime is the February Paper Pumpkin Kit. The kit includes 9 projects, 3 each of 3 different designs. It includes printed cards, coordinating envelopes, gift boxes, precut paper pieces, bakers twine embellishments and an Early Espresso ink spot. The coordinating colors are: Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Berry Burst, Crumb Cake. You can also purchase a coordinating die set, Love of Spring, $12.00, Item #164396 in the online store. You can purchase a subscription to Paper Pumpkin in my online store.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for January. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List