I love tea! I’m a lifelong tea drinker so every time Stampin’ Up! comes out with a tea-themed stamp set, I have to have it! I was so happy to see the Tea Room Suite in the 2018-2019 annual catalog and as nice as the images in the stamp set are, when I laid eyes on the Tea Together stamp set in the 2019 Occasions catalog, I was even more excited because these images are what I think of when I think of afternoon tea or tea parties – oh so lovely and feminine!
Last week I held a class with tea-themed projects using these products along with the Tea Time Framelits Dies, which is a Sale-A-Bration item that you can get for free with a $100 purchase. I was delighted to learn that these dies will be carried over into the 2019-2020 annual catalog! Today I am featuring the first of two cards using the Tea Together and Tea Time products and will post my other projects next week. I CASEd one of the cards shown on page 49 in the Occasions catalog for this project.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2 ” and fold in half.
- Using the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper, select one of the 3 1/2″ x 5″ designs and trim with the Stampin’ Trimmer. Note that one side of the paper is Whisper White and the other is Very Vanilla so you can choose either side.
- Cut a piece of the large Crushed Curry floral patterned paper from the Tea Room Specialty Designer Series Paper at 3 1/2″ x 5″ and adhere to the laser-cut piece.
- Stamp the teapot from the Tea Together stamp set on watercolor paper with black StazOn ink. Stamp flowers onto the teapot. I stamped three flowers but you can also do one or two – your preference!
- Watercolor the teapot using an aqua painter and Calypso Coral ink. For the flowers and leaves I used a blender pen, which I found to give more depth of color. I used Crush Curry ink for the flowers and Garden Green for the leaves. Stamp greeting on watercolor paper with black StazOn ink.
- Die cut the teapot using the coordinating die from the Tea Time Framelits. Die cut greeting using the one of the hearts from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies
- Tie a piece of Old Olive linen thread around laser-cut piece. I wrapped the thread around the piece twice before tying the bow. Add pearls to centers of flowers. Attach this piece to card base and then attach the teapot and heart greeting.
To order any of the supplies I used to make these cards click here to shop my online store or contact me directly.
Thanks for stopping by today!