Hello! For those of you in the US, I hope you have been enjoying the Labor Day weekend. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I last participated in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights! Readers get to vote on their top five favorites in the gallery and the top 10 winners will get to participate in an International Blog Hop later this month. The theme is “thank you”.
My card features the Texture Chic Suite from the annual catalog. It is my most favorite suite and is the first one I purchased when the new catalog was introduced. The card is a fun fold that really shows off the beautiful Designer Series Papers to their fullest. I found this fold when I was browsing through Connie Stewart’s blog and decided to give it a try for a class project I was working on last month.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – Cut a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Petal Pink cardstock at 4″ x 10 1/2″ and score at 5 1/4″. Fold and crease sharply with a bone folder
- Cut two pieces of Petal Pink cardstock at 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score both pieces lengthwise at 1/2″. Fold and crease sharply with a bone folder. Adhere pieces to both sides to the back of the bottom half of the larger piece of Petal Pink cardstock. Adhere entire piece to the Sahara Sand card base.
- Cut a piece of Texture Chic Specialty Designer Series paper at 3 3/4″ x 5″. Cut a piece of Gold 1/4″ Shimmer Ribbon and tie into a bow around the DSP. Adhere to card front.
- Prepare pieces for the card front collage. Cut a piece of Distressed Gold paper to fit the grid die from the Chic Dies. Cut a piece of an Adhesive Sheet to fit and adhere to paper. Run though the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Adhere to card front over the ribbon. This piece will be the base for the collage.
- Die cut two different leaf shapes from scrap pieces of Soft Succulent cardstock. Back the cardstock with Adhesive Sheet before running through die cutting machine.
- Die cut three flower bases with scrap pieces of Texture Chic Specialty Designer Series Paper. Die cut three open flower accent pieces from scrap pieces of Petal Pink cardstock. Before die cutting, adhere pieces of Adhesive Sheet to each piece. Adhere the accent pieces to the flower bases.
- Adhere leaf pieces to top part of the Distressed Gold grid piece. Arrange the three flowers and adhere with liquid glue . Add a Champagne Rhinestone to the center of each flower.
- Cut four pieces of DSP at 1 3/4″ x 5″ for the fun fold side flaps. Select two different pieces of DSP. Adhere one set to the front of the flaps and the other set to the inside of the flaps.
- Cut another piece of the DSP used for the inside flaps at 1 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to inside upper part of the Petal Pink card flap.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 3 3/4″ x 5″. Stamp the swoosh image from the Season of Chic stamp set with Petal Pink ink, stamping off once before stamping onto the cardstock. Stamp the greeting with Sahara Sand over the swoosh image. Adhere a large Brushed Brass Butterfly to the upper left corner. Adhere piece to inside.
I’d be so appreciative if you would vote for my card! Click on the vote image below. Once you are in the gallery, click on the heart at the top right hand side of the picture as the hearts appear.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for September. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List