Hello! These are the last two Christmas cards I will be featuring this year. I have many more, but ran out of time to get them posted! These two cards feature the Whimsey & Wonder Suite and these are the ones I sent out to my customers. As soon as I laid eyes on this suite in the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog, it called out my name! I just loved the non-traditional, but beautiful colors in the Designer Series Paper. This suite was very popular, but will not be returning next year. The only product still available on the retired list is the Whimsical Trees stamp set, so if you have been thinking about purchasing it, now is the time!
Here is how I made the Christmas ornament card. This layout was featured in a recent YouTube video by Lisa Curcio.
- Card base – cut a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of the Christmas ornament paper from the Whimsey & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper at 3 3/4″ x 5″ and adhere to Basic White cardstock.
- Cut two strips at 1″ x 3 1/2″ and one strip at 1″ x 4 1/2″ from two different contrasting pieces of DSP. Adhere as shown.
- Cut a piece of Polished Pink cardstock at 2 3/4″ square and a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock at 2 5/” square and adhere pieces together.
- Cut a 2 1/2″ square of Basic White and stamp the ornament image from the Whimsical Trees stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento ink two times, with one of the images a bit higher up to the top of the piece. Color with Stampin’ Blends. I used dark and light Smokey Slate, Dark Mint Macaron, Light Polished Pink and Light Misty Moonlight. Adhere to the Mint Macaron square.
- Cut a scrap piece of Basic White at 1/2″ x 3″. Stamp greeting with Mint Macaron ink. Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here is how I made the card with the tree.
- Card base – cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of the paper with the holly leaves from the Whimsey & Wonder DSP at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of the Blushing Bride and silver snowflake paper at 3″ x 4″.
- Cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock at 2 5/8″ x 4 1/4″. I embossed this piece with the retired Winter Snow embossing folder. You can substitute the Wintry 3D folder in the current annual catalog.
- Adhere the DSP to the card front at an angle and adhere the embossed piece over the DSP straight up and down.
- Adhere a Wonderful Snowflake to the left side of the embossed piece .
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″. Stamp the large tree image with Mossy Meadow ink and cut out with the coordinating die from the Christmas Tree dies.
- Cut a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock at 2″ x 3 3/4″ and cut out with the die from the Christmas Trees dies. Adhere to stamped tree. Adhere tree to right side of embossed piece, partially overlapping the snowflake.
- Stamp greeting with Mossy Meadow ink on scrap piece of Basic White cardstock and cut out with the label die that has the flagged ends from the Tasteful Labels die set. Adhere to card front.
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas!
Thanks for stopping by today!
The sales period for the July-December Mini Catalog will be coming to a close on January 3rd. Here are links to the Retiring Products List and the Carryover List. A number of products have been discounted from 10%-50% so be sure to check out those items. As of today, many items are no longer available. Note that any items on the Carryover list with an asterisk next to them indicates that they will not be orderable again until the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog is released.
January-June 2022 Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Brochure Coming Soon!
The mini catalog and Sale-A-Bration promotion begin on January 4th! If you purchased from me this year you will be receiving your catalog and brochure in the mail any day now. If you are not a customer and don’t have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and would like a catalog I’d be happy to send one to you. As always, the new catalog is chock-full of beautiful and fun new products!
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for December. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List