Hello! Today is World Cardmaking Day! This event was started by the now defunct Card Maker magazine as a way to promote cardmaking and stamping and as a way to jumpstart cardmaking for the holiday season. This event always occurs on the first Saturday of October. I wasn’t able to plan my own event this year, however, I am sharing a card we made in my quarterly club last week. Take some time today to make a card and send a card to spread sunshine and let someone know that you care about them and are thinking of them. To see what others are doing and see some projects that are being posted around the internet, enter hashtag #wcmd2021.
This card features products from the Blackberry Beauty and Harvest Beauty suites and is a quick and easy card to make. Here is how to make the card.
- Card base – Cut piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of Crumb Cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Cut three different pieces of Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Paper into 1 5/8″ x 4″ strips. Adhere to Crumb Cake piece.
- Using the Harvest Dies, run the coneflower through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with scrap piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Run the stalks through the machine with the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper. This paper is now retired, as it was one of the free Sale-A-Bration items in the promotion that has now ended. Adhere both pieces to the DSP piece with liquid glue. Trim the ends of the stems down to the edge of the bottom of the piece.
- Adhere piece to card base.
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock at 1″ x 4 1/2″. Stamp greeting from the Beauty of Tomorrow stamp set with Blackberry Bliss ink. Run through die cutting machine with the long label die from the Harvest Dies. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp the bird with Blackberry Bliss ink in one of the corners of the piece and adhere to inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for October. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List