Hello! I hope you had a wonderful July 4th holiday weekend! I’m back to posting more regularly again after having to take a short break. I took a few days two weeks ago to visit my home town of New York City to visit with friends I haven’t seen in a number of years. When I arrived back home I unexpectedly got project work for my information consulting business from a new client, which was a very pleasant surprise! So, some of the cards I made for my June club and a private workshop were photographed but I never got to upload them until now. Over the next few days I will be sharing them with you.
Today I’m sharing one of several cards I made using the gorgeous Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper. These papers look like impressionist paintings and could easily stand on their own with little embellishment. This card also features the butterfly from the Springtime Impressions Dies.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base: Cut piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″ . Cut piece of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon at 4 1/2″ and attach to the DSP, folding the ends in to the back of the paper. Attach piece to card base.
- Use a die cutting machine to cut the butterfly from a piece of Purple Posy cardstock. Attach to center of card over the ribbon by dotting liquid glue around the butterfly.
- Cut a strip of vellum cardstock at 1/2″ and stamp the greeting from the Floral Essence stamp set with Blackberry Bliss ink. Make sure the ink is dry before cutting flags at both ends of the strip. I’ve found that sometimes the ink smudges on the vellum if you touch it because it doesn’t always dry instantly. Attach to center of the butterfly.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut a strip of the DSP at 1″ x 4″ and attach to bottom of white piece. Attach to inside of card.
When you place an order with me online and you spend between $50 and $149 please be sure to use this host code to receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150 DO NOT use this code because you will automatically qualify for Stampin’ Rewards. If you place your order with me via email or phone you will still receive the gift.
Thanks for stopping by today!