Hello! I hope that you are managing okay during these very extraordinary circumstances. One way to stay connected to family, friends, neighbors and colleagues alike is to “make a card, send a card.” I know most of you are sitting on a stockpile of stamping supplies, so what better time than now to get them out and create cards. They don’t have to be elaborate – stamps, ink, paper is all it takes, as it is mostly the thought that counts!
For today’s card I’m featuring a thank you card I made for customers that attended my February Stamping Club. By the time I had a chance to sit down and make the cards, the shelter in place directive had taken effect, so I decided to make the cards extra special and do something bright and cheerful too! I used the Daisy Lane stamp set and coordinating daisy punches, which I haven’t used in a while, along with the beautiful Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Papers, one of the products in the Sale-A-Bration second release.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Melon Mambo cardstock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut piece of Flowering Foils DSP at 4″ x 5 1/4″. I selected Pineapple Punch, Grapefruit Grove and Melon Mambo for my color palette and used a sponge brayer to cover the DSP with the three different ink colors. Simply roll the brayer over the ink pad several times until the sponge picks up the ink and then roll it across the paper. Depending on how intense you want the color to be, you can keep reinking and sponge rolling. First I put down the Pineapple Punch, then the Grapefruit Grove and then the Melon Mambo, slightly overlapping each of the colors. I then went back a second time to further blend the lines together for each of the colors.
- Stamp two large daisies and one small daisy from the Daisy Lane Stamp set for each finished daisy. One set is stamped with Pineapple Punch ink and the other with the Grapefruit Grove ink. Adhere the three daisies together with liquid glue.
- Stamp greeting on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 1/2″ x 2 3/4″. I used the “a little note” from the Butterfly Gala stamp set not only because I like the greeting but I also like the type font too. Using a pair of paper snips, flag one of the ends to make a banner.
- To put the card together, position the daisies where you’d like them and before adhering them down on the foil paper, first adhere the greeting with liquid glue, positioning one of the ends underneath a daisy. Adhere first daisy over the greeting and then adhere the second daisy, slightly overlapping the first one. Adhere piece to Melon Mambo mat. For the final touch, add a Perennial Essence Floral Center to each daisy.
Sale-A-Bration ends tomorrow, March 31st, so you still have two days left to place an order of $50 or more to receive your free SAB items. If you love this beautiful Flowering Foil DSP, this is your last chance! It is also your last chance to purchase the Coordination Products that have been designed to coordinate with several SAB and Mini-Catalog products.
Tomorrow is also the last day to take advantage of this great offer to join Stampin’ Up! Build your starter kit by picking $125 worth of products for $99. Click here to join.
- Get a FREE mini paper cutter and a selection of 6×6 Designer Series Papers from the Mini Catalog. The cutter is great for working with smaller pieces of Designer Series Paper or cardstock, as well as scraps! It is exclusive as a joining incentive and is not available for purchase.
- Pick any stamp set of your choice from current catalogs (excluding host sets and Sale-A-Bration sets).
- FREE shipping on the starter kit.
- When you join, you will be entitled to a 20% discount on all orders.
- You do not have to be a business builder! Happy Discount Shoppers and Hobby Stampers are welcome!
- There is NO obligation to remain active past July 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today. Stay safe and be well!