Today I’m sharing a floral dress card that uses a template from an old issue of Stamper’s Sampler magazine. I featured several other dress cards in previous blog posts and have included links to them at the end of this post. This dress uses products from the Peaceful Poppies Suite, some of which will be retiring on June 2nd. I always loved playing with paper dolls as a young girl so making these dresses has been a fun way to play as an adult!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Basic Black cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score and fold in half.
- Cut piece of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″. I used the sheet with the Poppy Parade watercolor wash design. Die cut the cluster of poppies in the left top corner of the DSP with the die from the Poppy Moments Dies. Adhere to card base.
- For the dress base I used a piece of a Black Foil sheet and traced around the template on the back of the sheet because the back is matte white and easy to see the trace lines. Cut out dress.
- Next, have fun decorating the dress.
- I selected a bunch of die-cut printed accents from the Peaceful Poppies Elements that I thought would look pretty on the dress. I knew I wanted to place the large red poppy at the waistline so I adhered it to the dress, only applying the adhesive to the center of the piece. Then I arranged the embossed vellum leaves and flowers on the the dress and once I was happy with how it looked I partially adhered them to the dress. I used liquid glue sparingly, placing small dots along the embossed lines on the leaves and in the centers of the flowers.
- Decorate the neckline of the dress by adhering clear flower-shaped sequins from the Peaceful Poppies Sequins with Mini Glue Dots. The glue dots are larger than the sequins so I lifted the glue dots off the sheet and then rolled them into tiny balls to fit the bottom of the sequins.
- Adhere dress to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4. Adhere the scalloped border die-cut accent from the Peaceful Poppies Elements and adhere piece to inside of card. I decided not to use a greeting so the inside is blank.
These products will be retiring on June 2nd so this is your last chance to purchase them: Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper, Peaceful Poppies Elements, Peaceful Poppies Sequins.
Click on these links to view two previous blog posts featuring this dress template.
Floral Dresses – Kylie’s Training Blog Hop
Timeless Tropical Floral Dress
I will be creating more dresses using some of the new Designer Series Papers and accessories in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog and I already know which will be first, so stay tuned in the coming weeks!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Click here to shop my online store.