Hello! Today’s card features the Tropical Oasis Suite and the fun fold was inspired by a recent blog post from Patty Bennett. This is such a fun suite and I especially love the bright and cheery Designer Series Papers.
Here is how I made the card.
- Cut piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Cut piece of DSP at 5 1/4″ x 11 3/4″. Score at 1 3/4″, 4 3/4″ and 7 3/4″ and fold accordion style. You can either adhere the smaller front flap to the larger one or leave it open.
- Cut Grapefruit Grove label with next-to-largest die in the Stitched Nested Label die set.
- Cut Daffodil Delight pineapple base with coordinating die from the In the Tropics set. Cut Old Olive leaf with die from set. Adhere pineapple base to bottom of label. The leaf has some partial cut outs. Pop them open and lightly curl them so they stand out. Adhere bottom part of leaf making sure that top part extends over top of label .
- Die cut “aloha” from scrap piece of Real Red cardstock. Adhere to pineapple base with either a Fine Tip Glue Pen or a liquid adhesive.
- Partially adhere the label piece to the front flap, leaving part of the right side unattached in order to be able to open the card.
- Cut another label from Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the birthday greeting from the Timeless Tropical stamp set with Real Red ink. Adhere to the inside of the card, making sure that you place it close the fold so that it doesn’t stick out when the front flap is folded over.
- Adhere folded DSP piece to the card base. You can keep the remaining flaps open or glue them shut. If you keep the back of the flaps open you can decorate them with die cuts or stamp additional greetings on pieces of Whisper White cardstock.
I’m happy that the stamp set and dies will be carrying over to the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, however please note that they will no longer be sold as a bundle at the 10% discount. The coordinating products such as the DSP, embossing folder, trinkets, etc. will be retiring and will only continue to be available while supplies last.
Click here for a list of retiring products from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.
Click here for a list of retiring products from the 2020 Mini Catalog.
Thanks for stopping by today!