Hello! Today’s card is a Double Z Fold card made with products from the Tropical Oasis Suite. This was one of the projects I had prepared for my club, which meets in-person six times a year. However with the sheltering in place orders I had to switch it to a virtual club and mail out kits. Since I didn’t have enough time to prepare in advance the club members didn’t have the Timeless Tropical stamp set on hand so I kept the stamping to a minimum so that they could each use greetings from stamp sets in their own collections. I added more die cut pieces and a label that would accommodate whatever greetings they used.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Z fold base – cut piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock at 4″ x 10 1/4″, score at 2 1/2″ and 5″ and fold on score lines.
- Cut one piece of Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut two pieces of DSP at 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. For one of these pieces you can use a contrasting piece of DSP. Adhere to Z fold piece. If you cut a contrasting piece of DSP adhere it to the middle section.
- Die cut two of the labels from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies set. One uses a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock for the greeting. Stamp thank you greeting from the So Sentimental stamp set with Terracotta Tile ink. Cut the larger label with scrap piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock.
- Die cut a variety of leaves from Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz cardstock with the dies from the In the Tropics dies. I also used the large fern die from the Tropical die set. Before adhering the two labels together, position two of the larger leaves in between both pieces at the top part of the label and then adhere them to the Terracotta label, then adhering both label pieces together. Place label halfway on top of the bottom fold. Arrange remaining leaves under the piece and then adhere them before adhering the label to the card. Apply adhesive only on the bottom half of the label in order to keep the Z fold open.
- Add a Noble Peacock rhinestone to the greeting for a touch of bling.
- For the inside of the card, cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp greeting of your choice. Adhere to inside of Pretty Peacock card base. Adhere Z fold piece to card base to complete the card.
Click here for a PDF of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog Retiring Products.
Click here for a PDF of the 2020 Mini Catalog Retiring Products.
Thanks for stopping by today!