Today I’m participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights. Readers get to vote on their top five favorites in the gallery and the top 10 ten winners will get to participate in an International Blog Hop later this month. The theme is thanks and I hope you like my card.
I haven’t used the Free as a Bird stamp set in quite some time so I decided to use it to make a few cards to send to some of the caregivers at the personal care facility where my father lives as a small way to show my appreciation as they show up to work every day to care for the elderly under such stressful circumstances. I wanted the card to be bright and cheery and this little bird fills the bill!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Pool Party cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half..
- Cut a 2″ strip of paper from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. I chose the one with the feathers on one side and the bird cage on the reverse side. From that strip cut pieces at 5 1/4″, 2 3/8″ and 2 3/4″ and adhere to card.
- Stamp bird image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. Color beak with dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend, body of bird with light Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend and feathers with dark and light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp leaf image. Color branch with dark Soft Suede Stampin’ Blend and leaves with light Old Olive Stampin’ Blend.
- Stamp thank you with the Memento Ink from the Very Versailles stamp set.
- Cut stamped image with die from the Layering Circles die set. Cut scallop circle from piece of Pool Party cardstock. Adhere two pieces together.
- Stamp small flower image from the Free as a Bird stamp set on small scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, color with dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend, fussy cut and adhere to bird image with liquid adhesive.
Please vote for my card by clicking here: http://bit.ly/KyliesInternationalHighlightsMay2020VoteForMeHere. To give a vote click on the heart in the top right hand side of the picture when the hearts appear.
Thanks for stopping by today!