Hello! Today’s card features the beautiful Dove of Hope bundle from the 2020 August-September Mini Catalog. This evening marks the beginning of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, which I will observe. I make my cards every year so I am always eagerly awaiting the holiday catalog to see what products I might be able to use for my cards, as Stampin’ Up! hasn’t had a Jewish holiday stamp set in many years. It is amazing how so many products from the catalog can be used for other than Christmas cards! I enjoy making elegant holiday cards and always include foils or metallic elements for those special touches.
I was so excited to see this bundle and knew immediately that it would be one of the first purchases I made in my catalog pre-order, as the dove is a widely-used symbol for Rosh Hashanah – perfect! Looking further into the pages of the catalog, I spotted the Gold Cards & Envelopes on page 51 and thought they would work beautifully with the bundle. The last product I incorporated from the catalog was the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper, which is one of the returning favorites from the 2019 holiday catalog. I used a lot of that paper last year but still had a few sheets, including the Night of Navy and copper prints. The only non-SU products I used were the greetings for the card front and inside.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – the gold cards come scored so all you have to do is fold them and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut Brightly Gleaming DSP with largest circle (3″) from the Layering Circles die set and adhere to card front.
- Die cut the dove body, two solid wing pieces and two feathered wing pieces from Very Vanilla cardstock. When cutting the feathered pieces, I cut a piece of an adhesive sheet to fit each piece of cardstock. The adhesive should be the bottom layer of the cardstock piece so that when you adhere it to the solid wing piece it is adhered in the right direction!
- Adhere feathered pieces to solid wing pieces. Adhere one wing to the center of dove body. Adhere the other wing, pointing up, onto the Night of Navy DSP circle. Adhere dove to circle.
- Stamp greeting with Night of Navy ink on scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measures 3/4″ x 3 1/2″. Punch both ends with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I used a greeting for the Jewish holiday, but when I use this stamp set to make Christmas cards I will use the “Peace.Joy.Love” greeting for the card front.
- Cut piece of copper foil at 1″ x 4″ and punch both ends with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Adhere greeting to copper foil label. Adhere to bottom of card.
Wishing my Jewish friends and customers a L’shanah Tovah! Happy New Year!
Thanks for stopping by today!