Hello! Today’s card features the Gathered Together bundle in the August-December Mini Catalog. I was so happy to see that this bundle, which was in the 2019 holiday catalog, was brought back as a returning favorite! I went back to a card I created last year for Kylie Bertucci’s monthly blog hop because I love the layout. I changed up this year’s card by using the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper; one of the dies from the Autumn Essentials Dies, a new set in the Mini Catalog; and Cinnamon Cider cardstock, which is one of the new InColors. You can see my original card in this blog post.
I recently participated in a group of 82 Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world that contributed amazing projects to a MEGA tutorial bundle using autumn-themed products from the 2020 August-December Mini Catalog and decided to make this card for the tutorial. These projects are exclusive and will not be publicly posted online. Each project includes full color photos, step-by-step instructions, measurements in both metric and imperial, and supply lists. There are three ways to get this awesome tutorial bundle:
- If you placed an order with me from January through August you should have received it from me for FREE in a separate message I sent out recently.
- If you place an order with me from September until the end of December 2020 either in my online store or by having me place an order for you, you will receive it for FREE once the order has been placed.
- If you’d like to purchase the tutorial it is available for $21. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you an invoice for payment.
Since I’m unable to post a picture of the card in the tutorial I made another card and changed up the paper and some of the colors.
Here is how I made the card:
- Card base: Cajun Craze cardstock cut at 4 1/2″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card base.
- Emboss a piece of Copper Foil with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder and then die cut using largest circle in the Layering Circles Dies. Adhere to card.
- Stamp large leaf image from the Gathered Leaves stamp set on scrap pieces of Cinnamon Cider and Cajun Craze cardstock with Versamark ink. Sprinkle gold embossing powder over each leaf and heat emboss. Use the largest leaf in the Gathered Leaves Dies to cut the embossed leaves.
- Use the next-to largest and smallest leaf dies in the Gathered Leaves Dies to cut one Crushed Curry and One Cajun Craze leaf in each size.
- Accent the veins in the leaves by adding touches of Early Espresso ink on the Cajun Craze leaves and Soft Suede ink on the Crushed Curry leaves with sponge daubers.
- Add some glimmer by spritzing some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint over the leaves. Add a few drops of the paint into a Stampin’ Spritzer and then fill the spritzer with 70% Rubbing Alcohol and shake to mix it together before spritzing. Let dry before adding to card.
- Die cut one each of the long, curved leaf dies from the Autumn Essentials Dies from scrap piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- Start building the collage. First, adhere the long Cinnamon Cider leaves leaves as pictured. Use multipurpose liquid glue on the stems but keep the leaves free of glue to give a bit of dimension at the top of the card. Next, adhere the large Cajun Craze leaf. This serves as the base for adding the rest of the leaves.
- Adhere the smaller Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry leaves, overlapping them, to the right side of the large Cajun Craze leaf. Adhere the larger Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry leaves on the left side, again overlapping them.
- Adhere the large Cinnamon Cider leaf with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top of the collage. Cut a length of Braided Linen Trim and tie in a small bow. Adhere with a Mini Glue Dot.
- For inside of card cut piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp sentiment with Cajun Craze ink. Stamp wheat sheaf image in lower left corner with Cinnamon Cider ink.
Thanks for stopping by today!
There are just a few days remaining to take advantage of this great offer to join Stampin’ Up! You pay $99 for the starter kit and get to pick out $125 in products (and you can opt to select the new Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine!). In addition, you will also receive the Queen Anne’s Lace and So Much Love stamp sets for free, plus cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, 16 envelopes, and a pack of Basic Rhinestone Jewels.