Hello! Today I have two cards for you, both the same design, using the same two colors – Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist, but changing them up. These cards feature the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies, which create these gorgeous butterflies! These dies are part of the Beauty Abounds bundle pictured on page 13 in the Occasions catalog. The background papers are from the beautiful Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper, which you can get as a free Sale-A-Bration item with a $50 purchase.
Here is how I made the cards. They are done in portrait layout.
- Cut piece of cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half. Cut piece of Botanical Butterflies DSP at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card base.
- Die cut two butterflies using two contrasting papers. There are two large butterfly dies. The outer edges of the wings on one of the dies are solid and on the other die the outer edges are lacy. There are a few ways to adhere the butterflies to the front of the card: cut a piece from a sheet of multipurpose adhesive, adhere to piece of paper before running through the Big Shot and then remove the adhesive backing; lightly apply Snail Adhesive in selected spots; or lightly apply liquid glue in selected spots. Attach the solid wing piece first and then attach the lacy piece on top of it, carefully matching the sides of both sets of wings.
- Stamp “hello” greeting from the Beauty Abounds stamp set on piece of Whisper White cardstock and die cut using small circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Cut two pieces of coordinating color of ribbon and apply them criss-cross at bottom of card and attach the greeting on top of the ribbon. To finish off the card front I added a few rhinestones for some bling.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. I stamped the splotch image in a lighter color of ink in the bottom left corner and then stamped the larger butterfly image on top of it using Memento Black Ink.
Which card do like better? I couldn’t decide, as I like them equally! Feel free to leave me a comment.
To order any of the supplies I used to make these cards click here to shop my online store or contact me directly.
Thanks for stopping by today!