Today I have a SIP card (Stamps, Ink, Paper), #stampsinkpaper, that features the Gather Together stamp set. I’ve been a long-time member of a local chapter of the American Business Women’s Association and recently hosted a mini-mixer at my home for a small group of members. In addition to the socializing and refreshments, I designed two cards for the women to make that will be donated to the Cards for Soldiers organization. One card is for the recipient to keep and the other is for them to send to a friend or loved one back home. Since not everyone knew how to stamp and there was a limited amount of time to do the projects I had to keep the cards easy to make. I think it turned out to be simple yet elegant. I also used this project at my stamping club last week. All of the club members are avid crafters and they loved making this card too!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Cajun Craze cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half.
- Cut piece of the woodgrain paper from the Come to Gather Designer Series Papers at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card base.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″. Using the leaf image from the Gather Together stamp set, stamp two leaves with Cajun Craze ink and then fill in the blank spots by stamping the leaves with Blackberry Bliss. Attach to a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock cut at 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ and attach to card front
- Stamp greeting with Blackberry Bliss ink on piece of Whisper White cardstock and use circle punch or circle die to cut out. Punch a larger circle with a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and adhere to the greeting. Attach to the card.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside of card. Stamp leaf in left corner and stamp greeting of your choice or leave blank.
Thanks for stopping by today!