Hello! Today’s card features the Inspiring Iris stamp set, which will be retiring on May 3rd. I needed to make a few sympathy cards last month and turned to this set, which I must confess, I haven’t used too often. It has lovely images and sentiments. I used the Dandy Garden Designer Series Papers because I thought the designs in the Misty Moonlight color would work well for male recipients of some of the cards.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of the Dandy Gardens DSP at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front. Cut a coordinating piece of DSP at 3″x 4 1/2″.
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4.” This is a two-step stamp so first stamp the outline image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Stamp the fill-in image for the flower petals with Misty Moonlight ink. Stamp the fill-in image for the leaves with Old Olive ink.
- Stamp greeting with Misty Moonlight ink in upper left corner. I used one of the greetings from the Prized Peony stamp set.
- Adhere the coordinating piece of DSP to the card front, placing it at an angle. Adhere the stamped piece, centering it over the DSP. Adhere a large Opel Round at the bottom right of the stamped image.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp the greeting from the Inspiring Iris stamp set with Misty Moonlight ink. Stamp the geometric image, centering it at the bottom of the piece. Adhere to card.
This is another version of the card I made using the same two pieces of DSP but, switching them up in the layout.
Thanks for stopping by today!
If you love baseball, the May Paper Pumpkin kit is for you, with its fun baseball themes! The kit includes everything you need to make nine cards, 3 each of 3 different designs, plus coordinating envelopes. Coordinating colors are Basic White, Bumblebee, Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede. Comes with the official bubble gum of the MLB—a ballpark favorite! Visit my Paper Pumpkin website to subscribe.
There are less than two weeks remaining before the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog retires on May 3rd. While some products are now sold out, there are still many remaining products available at up to 75% off, while supplies last. Click here to shop for last-chance products in my online store.
Please use this April Host Code when you shop in my online store if your order is between $50 and $149.00 and you will receive a free gift from me. If your order is $150 or more, DO NOT use this code, as you will be entitled to Stampin’ Rewards. You will still get the free gift from me.Product List