Today I’m featuring a gift card holder made with the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. I got the idea for this card from a Halloween card posted by Jackie Bolhuis on her Klompen Stampers blog. I loved how easy it was to put together, while at the same time, being such a great way to showcase our beautiful papers.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base: Cut piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 1 1/2″ and 5 1/2″. Fold along score lines with bone folder.
- Cut one piece of DSP at 3 3/4″ x 4″ for front of card and adhere. Cut two pieces at 1 1/4″ x 4″ for inside of card. Adhere one piece at right edge of card the other piece on the folded flap.
- Cut piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 3 3/4″ x 4″ and stamp greeting with Pretty Peacock ink. I used one of the greetings from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set. Adhere to inside of card, close to fold line, so that it does not show when the front of the card is folded.
- Using the 1″ circle punch, position it in the center of the inside folded flap and cut a half-circle. This will make it easy to slide the gift card in and out. Run a thin line of liquid glue along short sides of the flap and adhere.
- Tie piece of Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible Ribbon around front of card, making a knot.
- For the little tag on the front of the card, stamp greeting with Pretty Peacock ink on small scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the “Be Merry” stamp from the Tidings All Around set. Cut out using the tag die in the Ornate Frames die set. Thread piece of Linen Thread through the tag and tie to ribbon with a knot.
Just announced – free shipping on December 11th!
Thanks for stopping by today!