Hello and welcome to the Butterfly Bouquet Blog Hop! I’m participating with a group of fabulous Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world that are showcasing projects made with products from the Butterfly Brilliance Collection. Please be sure to click on the names in the list at the end of this post to hop around and view the beautiful projects posted by these talented stampers.
Here is how I made this fun Z-fold card.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half, creasing sharply with a bone folder. For the Z-fold base, cut a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock at 4″ x 10 1/4″. Score at 2 1/2″ and 5″ and fold, creasing sharply. Adhere piece to the Bermuda Bay card base.
- Cut piece of DSP from the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper at 3 3/4″ x 5″ and adhere to larger section of the Mint Macaron base. Cut another piece of the paper at 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ for the front fold, but do not adhere this piece yet.
- To stamp the butterfly images, it is easiest to use the Stamparatus because this is a very large stamp. Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 5 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ and place on the base of the Stamparatus. Position the butterfly stamp and once it is adhered to the acrylic plate, ink up the entire image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamp onto the cardstock. Cut out images with the coordinating Brilliant Wings die.
- Color the butterflies with Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Mint Macaron and Just Jade Stampin’ Blends. I used the three smaller butterflies and colored the larger of the three with the darker Blends. Don’t be afraid to mix all of these colors together. For some extra sparkle, brush with Wink of Stella.
- Stamp the thank you greeting from the Very Versailles stamp set with the Memento ink and cut out with the small circle from the Tasteful Labels dies.
- For the blades of grass, cut four large and four small grass pieces from Mint Macaron cardstock with the Dandy Wishes dies.
- To put the card together, first adhere the largest butterfly to the larger front piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Next, arrange the grass along the top edge of the smaller front fold, alternating the heights of each piece. Adhere with multipurpose liquid glue for more flexible positioning. Adhere the smaller piece of DSP. When adhering the rest of the pieces, use Stampin’ Dimensionals on all of them. Adhere one of the butterflies at an angle, partially on the card front and partially on the grass, just using Stampin’ Dimensionals on the side of the wings that are on the flap. Adhere the last butterfly towards the bottom of the smaller card front. Adhere stamped greeting.
- To embellish the card, add a few Elegant Faceted Gems. I also cut out two small vellum butterflies from the Brilliant Wing dies, curled the wings and adhered them to the grass with Mini Glue Dots. Add an Elegant Faceted Gem to each.
This special collection is only available until May 3rd, and I’m sad to say that the Designer Series Paper has proven to be so popular that is has sold out and is no longer available. The Natural Touch Specialty Paper is still available and the stamp set and dies will carry over to the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.
Thanks for stopping by today!Product List