Today’s card features the beautiful Hues of Happiness Suite and a W fun fold, which looks difficult but is actually quite easy to make!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of DSP from the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″. I used the piece with variegated purples and blues. Adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 3 3/4″ x 5″. Use the large background die from the Blossoming Happiness Dies. Position the cardstock horizontally on the cutting plate, place the die at an angle on the left side of the cardstock and run through die cutting machine. Flip the die in the opposite direction, place at an angle on the right side of the cardstock and run through die cutting machine. This die both fully cuts and partially cuts the paper. You can lift the partially cut parts of the cardstock by using the pointy end of the Take Your Pick tool or other piercing tool. Adhere to card front.
- Stamp one large and one medium floral image from the Happiness Abounds stamp set on piece of Basic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color flowers with Fresh Freesia and Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends. Stamp three leaf images and color with Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Run through die cutting machine with coordinating dies. Arrange on card front. Adhere leaves to flowers with Mini Glue Dots and then adhere all pieces to card front.
- Stamp greeting with Memento ink on 1/2″ wide scrap piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock. Punch both ends with the rounded end of the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Adhere to card front.
- Adhere a few Gorgeous Grape Glossy Dots for a bit of bling.
- Here is how to make the inside of the card.
- Cut two pieces of DSP at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere.
- Cut four pieces of Gorgeous Grape cardstock at 2 1/4″ each and four pieces of Basic White cardstock at 2″ each. Stamp greeting on one of the white squares and leave one blank to write a message.
- One of the floral DSP sheets is designed so that you can die cut the flowers and leaves with the Blossoming Happiness Dies. Die cut two different flowers and a few leaves. Adhere to white squares.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 1″ x 11″ and score at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″ and 8 1/4″. Crease all folds very sharply with a bone folder.
- Run a thin line of liquid glue at the top of the 11″ strip. Open card and center the strip in the middle. Line up the top of the strip with the top of the card and adhere. Run a thin line of liquid glue at the bottom of the strip. Line up the strip with the bottom of the card and adhere.
- Adhere the four squares to the strip, running a thin line of liquid glue in the middle of each square. Don’t apply glue to the entire square otherwise the fold won’t work properly.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for July. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.
Sweet Sunflowers is the theme for the August Paper Pumpkin Kit. The kit includes all of the supplies you will need to make nine cards, 3 each of 3 different designs. Also included is a stamp set, specialty vellum honeycomb pre-cut pieces, eight gold foil honeycomb sheets, and two Stampin Spots in Crushed Curry and Soft Suede. Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede. For further information and to order the kit, click here to visit my Paper Pumpkin website. The deadline for ordering is August 10th.Product List