Today’s card features several new Sale-A-Bration products. Sale-A-Bration runs through February 29. For every $50 or $100 purchase you make you get to select exclusive free items. I used the Softly Sophisticated Bundle which includes a stamp set and an embossing folder, free with a $100 purchase. I also used the Flight & Airy Designer Series Paper, free with a $50 purchase. I have used this fun fold many times because it is a nice way to feature smaller stamped images as well as embossing folders.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder. Cut off a 1 1/2″ piece from the front side of the cardstock and trim it down to 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″. You will use this strip for the embossing.
- Cut a piece of DSP at 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Run the 1 1/2″ strip through a die cutting & embossing machine with the Softly Sophisticated embossing folder.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere the embossed piece to the right edge.
- Cut a piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock at 3 1/2″ x 3″ and score at 1/2″ with the long side at the top of your trimmer. Fold on score line and give a sharp crease with a bone folder. Run a line of liquid glue or adhesive along the 1/2″ side. Center this piece in the middle on the back side of the Basic White cardstock piece and adhere.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 2 3/4″ square. Stamp the leaf image with Parakeet Party ink. Stamp the flowers with Lost Lagoon ink. I decided to stamp a few speckled images to fill in some of the blank white spaces so I used a stamp from the Queen Bee stamp set and stamped with Pretty Peacock ink. Stamp the birthday greeting from the Go To Greetings stamp set with Pretty Peacock ink. Adhere to the Lost Lagoon front flap.
- For the inside greeting I used one of the greetings from the Layering Leaves stamp set and stamped with Pretty Peacock ink. I stamped a leaf image from this set with Parakeet Party ink in the lower left corner. Adhere to inside of card and close the card so that the flap overlaps the front of the card.
- Add a bit of bling to the front of the card. I used a few of the green sequins from the Adhesive Backed Glitter Sequins which were in the September-December 2023 Mini Catalog. They are now retired.
Thanks for stopping by today!
During Sale-A-Bration, when you join Stampin’ Up! you can choose $125 of products for only $99, which includes shipping. You get to choose from two FREE bonus options – either this Glass Mat Studio (a $60 value) or your choice of an additional $30 in FREE products. The Glass Mat Studio has been creating quite a buzz!
The Stampin’ Glass Mat Studio is a paper crafter’s dream! The heavy-duty glass mat comes printed with a ruler and grid lines for easy measuring, while the large surface space gives ample room for spreading out while paper crafting. The safety-tempered glass has a heat and scratch resistant surface that wipes clean with the included cloth and water—no chemicals needed. The reusable cloth also cleans ink off your stamps! The nonslip, heat resistant, waterproof silicone mat features four palette squares for mixing custom ink colors or for holding small ink spots in place while crafting. Each component can be used separately or you can use all three items together for a multipurpose paper crafting studio that’s both functional and elegant.
The Stampin’ Glass Mat Studio includes:
* 5 mm thick
* 17″ x 14″ (43.2 x 35.6 cm)
* Heat and scratch resistant
* Wipes clean with water or alcohol
* 8-3/8″ x 6″ (21.3 x 15.2 cm)
* Multiuse, nonslip
* Waterproof, heat resistant
* 4 palette squares for custom-color mixing or holding Stampin’ Spots
* Product color: white CLEANING CLOTH
* 8-1/4″ x 8-1/4″ (21 x 21 cm)
* Durable, reusable
* Lint free
* Cleans stamps and other surfaces with only water
* Product color: dark gray
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for January. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.