Hello! Today I have a card for you that features one of my favorite stamp sets for making masculine cards – Geared Up Garage. When I attended the Stampin’ Up OnStage convention in November, 2018, the 2019 Occasions Catalog was introduced. We got to do several make and take projects with the product suite and I just loved it! I’m so glad the stamp set and dies are still available in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
I attended the Creativate Summer 2020 Virtual Retreat two weeks ago and Brandy Cox, one of the five Stampin’ Up! demonstrators that organized the event, did a session on color challenges. She selected Poppy Parade, Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate for her color palette. After the event I started thinking about stamp sets in my collection that would lend themselves to these colors and thought Geared Up Garage would work really well. Here is the card I came up with.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ , fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Stamp car image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on scrap piece of Poppy Parade cardstock. Cut with coordinating die from the Garage Gears die set.
- Die cut large gear piece from a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Stamp the oil splotch image with Smoky Slate ink all around the piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamp nut image three times, stamping off each time before stamping onto the cardstock. Stamp oil can in bottom right corner. Stamp the nut image three times with Bermuda Bay ink, slightly offsetting them from the previously stamped Smoky Slate images. Stamp greeting in upper left corner with Bermuda Bay ink.
- Adhere die cut gears to card front with liquid glue. Adhere car image to bottom portion of gears with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Poppy Parade cardstsock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp oil splotch image with Smoky Slate ink four times along left side of card, stamping off before stamping onto cardstock. Stamp nut image five times with Bermuda Bay ink. Adhere to Poppy Parade piece.
Bonus Days are back once again! From July 1 through August 3rd, for every $50 you spend (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5 Bonus Day coupon code that can be used from August 4th – 31st.
- You must have an email address in order to participate because the codes can only be delivered electronically.
- If you earn multiple coupons in a single order, all of the codes will be sent in one email. If you earn multiple coupons for multiple orders they will be sent in separate emails for each code earned.
- There is no limit on the number of coupon codes you can earn during this promotion.
Thanks for stopping by today!