Hello! Today I have two birthday cards for you that feature the Fine Art Floral Suite. I used the same layout for both but changed up the colors. I used the pink tones for one and the blue tones for the other.
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to front of card. Cut another piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock at 2 7/8″ x 4 5/8″. Cut a contrasting piece of Fine Art Floral DSP at 2 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ and adhere to Flirty Flamingo piece.
- Use the Art Gallery stamp set and stamp the flower with Petal Pink and Flirty Flamingo ink. Stamp the leaves with Old Olive ink. Cut out with coordinating dies from the Floral Gallery Dies set. Stamp birthday greeting with Flirty Flamingo ink on scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. Cut out with one of the labels in the dies set.
- Adhere greeting at bottom of the smaller card front. Arrange leaves and flower. Adhere leaves and then adhere flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a length of Organdy Striped Ribbon and tie in bow around the piece. Adhere piece to card front.
Follow the above steps to make the blue version of the card.
- Card base – Night of Navy cardstock, Pool Party cardstock for smaller card base
- DSP – select papers from the blue family in the set
- Ink – Mossy Meadow for the leaves, Night of Navy and Pool Party for the flower. Night of Navy for the birthday greeting.
- Ribbon – Pool Party Sheer Ribbon
For the inside of both cards:
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Stamp sentiment from the Happy Thoughts stamp set with Night of Navy /Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Stamp small flower in lower left corner with either the Night of Navy/Pool Party combination or the Flirty Flamingo/Petal Pink combination of inks. Adhere to inside of card.
Which one do you like better – the pink or the blue? Please feel free to leave me a comment!
Thanks for stopping by today!
The Bouquet of Hope Paper Pumpkin Kit provides enough supplies to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes. This soft, sympathetic kit includes patterned card bases, die-cut floral elements, ribbon, embellishments, and more! The kit’s exclusive Bouquet of Hope Stamp Set features supportive sentiments centered around comfort, care, hope, and love. Such a versatile stamp set can be used throughout the year! To subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, visit my site by clicking here.Product List