Hello! I’ve been making many holiday cards in the last few weeks but got so busy with my holiday cardmaking classes that I haven’t have time to do any blog posts recently, so I will be posting some of those cards during this week. Today I have two cards with the same easy layout. Both cards use products from the Painted Christmas Suite. One uses the Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper and the other uses the Peaceful Place Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Here is how I made this card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut three different strips of paper from the Painted Christmas DSP at 1 5/8″ x 3 3/4″ and adhere to the cardstock.
- Stamp two of the smaller pine cones from the Christmas Season stamp set. This is a two step stamp, so first stamp the base with Crumb Cake ink, stamping off before stamping onto the cardstock. Stamp the accent stamp over the base with Early Espresso ink. Stamp the leaf with Pear Pizzaz ink. Run through die cutting machine using the coordinating dies from the Seasonal Labels die set.
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 1 1/2″ x 5″ and run through die cutting machine with label die from Seasonal Labels. Stamp greeting from the Christmas to Remember stamp set on label with Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Arrange pine cones and leaves on left side of card. Adhere one pine cone and the leaves under the label. Adhere label. Adhere the other pine cone over the left edge of the label.
- Add a Mint Macaron Genial Gem to the label for a bit of bling.
Here is how I made the second card using the Peaceful Place Specialty DSP.
- Cutting dimensions for this card base and DSP are the same as the first card. Card base is Smoky Slate cardstock, mat for DSP is Cherry Cobbler.
- The two pieces of DSP I used both have tree images. I used two strips of the paper with the white background on either side of the mat and for the middle piece I used the paper with the large trees with the silver metallic in the background. I cut those strips so that they showed the tops of the trees.
- Cut strip of Basic White cardstock at 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Die cut with the label die from the Harvest Dies set. You can also use the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, selecting the squared end. Stamp greeting from the Christmas to Remember stamp set with Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Die cut two sets of the holly leaves from the Seasonal Labels Dies using one of the sheets from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack. Arrange leaves on card base. Adhere greeting with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add clear rhinestones on each end of the label.
This layout is super easy and versatile, and is a great way to use your Designer Series Papers!
Thanks for stopping by today!
The sales period for the July-December Mini Catalog will be coming to a close on January 3rd. Here are links to the Retiring Products List and the Carryover List. A number of products have been discounted from 10%-50% so be sure to check out those items. As of today, many items are no longer available. Note that any items on the Carryover list with an asterisk next to them indicates that they will not be orderable again until the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog is released.
Get a jump start on making your Valentine’s Day cards with the January Paper Pumpkin Kisses & Hugs Kit. The kit contains supplies to make ten cards, two each of five different designs and also includes envelopes. The heart-shaped cards measure 4 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. A photopolymer stamp set and a Gray Granite Stampin’ Spot are included in the kit. Coordinating colors are Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite and Very Vanilla. An add-on set of Mini Treat Boxes will be available for purchase starting on January 25th. It includes 20 boxes and heart tags. To subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, click here to visit my website.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for December. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List