This is the last day for Sale-A-Bration! Today’s card is another one that features the Ringed With Love Designer Series Paper that is still available as a free gift with a $50 purchase. This card is a Z fun fold that I came across on Lisa Curcio’s blog and YouTube channel where she shows how to make it. I love this fold because it is a great way to show off any Designer Series Paper and while it looks difficult to make, it is actually very easy! This card also uses the Ringed With Nature Bundle that coordinates with the DSP.
Click on the blog link above to go to Lisa Curcio’s post for all of the cutting dimensions and instructions on how to put the card together. Here is how I made my card.
- Card base – Thick Basic White cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease sharply with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of Parakeet Party cardstock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Cut piece of Ringed With Love DSP at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to cardstock. Adhere piece to card front.
- Die cut and emboss one of the larger tree rings from the Tree Rings Hybrid Embossing Folder with a piece of Soft Suede cardstock. Die cut several different leaves with scrap pieces of Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen and Parakeet Party cardstock. Adhere to tree ring with Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere two pieces of a contrasting piece of DSP cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″ to both sides of the inside of the card base.
- Cut a piece of Thick Basic White cardstock for the inside Z fold as per Lisa Curcio’s instructions.
- Cut strip of the tree trunk DSP and follow the instructions for cutting the strips before adding them to the fold.
- Stamp the acorns from the Ringed With Nature stamp set. First stamp the bottom of the acorns with Poppy Parade ink and then stamp the acorn tops with Soft Suede ink. Stamp the greeting on the smallest panel with Soft Suede ink. Adhere to inside of card as instructed.
- To finish off the card, adhere the tree ring to the card front with two Stampin’ Dimensionals at the top and two at the bottom, leaving space in the middle of the tree ring. Cut a length of ribbon at 18″ and slide one end through the middle of the tree ring. I used some retired 1/2″ white ribbon from my stash. You can use one or two Mini Glue Dots to adhere the ribbon at the back of the card in order to keep it in place. Tie ribbon into either a bow or a double knot, which is how I tied it.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Select free items with every $50 or $100 purchase. There is no limit on the number of times you can earn free items. Please note that all SAB prroducts are only available while supplies last. The Pool Party and Soft Sea Foam Cards & Envelopes (Item #159940), Tree Lot Dies (Item #159938) and Hippo Dies (Item #159928) are no longer available.
The Brushed Metallic Cardstock (Item #163103) and Silver Foil Specialty Pack (Item #163096) are no longer available as free Sale-A-Bration items, however, they are still available for purchase in the annual catalog. Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Item #153524, $15.00 and Silver Foil Specialty Pack, Item #156457, $10.00.
This new Cozy & Bright Card Kit is now available for purchase. The kit has everything you need to make twelve 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ cards. It includes a photopolymer stamp set, acrylic block, adhesives, preprinted card bases, die cuts and stickers, Poppy Parade Stampin’ Spot, gold foil accents, preprinted envelopes, linen thread, as well as step-by-step instructions. Product colors: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie. The cost of the kit is $23.00 and the item number is 160338. Click here to place your order in my online store. This kit is available only while supplies last.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for August. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. You will qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.Product List