Hello! Today I’m sharing a fun card I made with products from the new Well Suited Suite. This is a great suite for making masculine cards for many occasions. The Handsomely Suited stamp set has a nice variety of greetings and type fonts and the Designer Series Paper is fabulous! The fabric designs for the men’s suits, shirts and ties are so realistic. I made this card for my father, who will be celebrating his 99th birthday this Saturday – it is hard to believe!!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut a piece of Basic Gray cardstock at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Well Suited DSP at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and using the third largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles dies, run it through your embossing machine.
- Select three different pieces of DSP and from each, die cut the bow ties with the large bow tie and small knot dies from the Suit & Ties Dies. Adhere the knots to the bow ties. Adhere two of them to the top part of the rectangle. Adhere one to the bottom of the rectangle, leaving space in between for the greeting.
- Stamp greeting on scrap piece of Basic White cardstock with Basic Gray ink. Punch out with the Tailored Tag punch. This is one of my all-time favorite Stampin’ Up! punches! To add a touch of contrast, punch another tag from a scrap piece of Basic Gray cardstock. Cut in half horizontally. Adhere one half to the top of the tag and the other half to the bottom of the tag, leaving just a little bit of the gray showing.
- Wrap a piece of Night of Navy Twine around the blank section between the bow ties four times. Start wrapping from the back of the piece, taping the tail down with Scotch Tape or Tear and Tape. After the fourth wrap, cut twine from the spool and tape again.
- Adhere piece to card front. Adhere the greeting over the twine with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and stamp a greeting with Basic Gray ink. Stamp a bow tie with Night of Navy ink in bottom left corner. Adhere to inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today!Product List