Hello! Today I’m participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights. Readers get to vote on their top five favorites in the gallery and the top 10 winners will get to participate in an International Blog Hop later this month. The theme is “thank you”. Today’s card features the Inspired Thoughts bundle. I had planned to use the Beauty of the Earth DSP, but changed my mind and went with a totally different look to reflect springtime rather than the autumn hues of the DSP, however I did use a small strip of the paper for the grass. I love going to Washington, DC in April during the Cherry Blossom Festival. It is spectacular to see these beautiful trees as they bloom!
Here is how I made the card.
- Card base – cut piece of Pool Party cardstock at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″. Use blender brushes to add Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Pear Pizzazz inks to create the background. Start at the top with Pool Party, getting a little darker as you work down. Then add the Coastal Cabana, blending it in with the Pool Party and going darker towards the middle. Then lightly blend the Pear Pizzazz.
- Cut the tree branches with the die from the Inspiring Canopy Dies from piece of Soft Suede cardstock. Adhere with the bottom of this piece close to the bottom of the background piece.
- Cut piece of the Old Olive DSP from the Beauty of the Earth DSP at 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″. Die cut using the curved die. Adhere to bottom of background piece, covering over the bottom of the tree trunks .
- Cut two sets each of the four different size leaf dies with Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo cardstock. I used a white gel pen to color some of the leaves on the Flirty Flamingo pieces to give the effect of some of the blossoms that are white. Arrange the pieces to cover the tree branches and adhere with liquid glue.
- Die cut a bird with Coastal Cabana cardstock and adhere to left side of tree. You can use any set of dies (or a punch) that includes a bird image. I used the recently retired Well Written dies.
- Stamp thank you greeting from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set with Soft Suede ink on piece of Basic White cardstock cut at 3/8″ x 2 3/4″. Adhere to card.
- Adhere the background piece to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut piece of Basic White cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside of card. I used the leftover piece from the piece of Old Olive DSP that I used to cut the grass with and adhered it to the bottom. Adhere to inside of card and stamp a greeting or leave blank.
I’d be so appreciative if you would vote for my card! Click on the vote image below. Once you are in the gallery, click on the heart at the top right hand side of the picture as the hearts appear.
Thanks for stopping by today!
The January-June 2021 Mini Catalog is retiring on June 30th. Starting tomorrow, June 1st, many products will be available at reduced prices from 10%-50% off! If you still have items on your wish list, now is the time to shop because these products will only be available while supplies last. Click here to see the retiring list.
Place an online order between $50 and $149 and use this host code for June. You will receive a free gift from me the following month. If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the host code. Click here for instructions on using the host code.Product List
9 thoughts on “Inspired Thoughts-Kylie’s International Blog Highlights”
Love this card Rhonda, especially the spring time leaves! Thanks for being part of my International Highlights this month! All the best with the voting.
Thank so much, Kylie! Thanks too, for the opportunity to participate in your International Highlights!
Terrific blending! I love your combo of pinks. Thx so much for sharing ?
Thanks, Lesley! I love working with the blending brushes.
Such a pretty card. Love those Cherry Blossom trees! 🙂
I love the way you used this bundle! Beautiful card!
Thank you, Robbie!
Good luck with the voting and greetings from Germany!
Simone (derdiedasKleine bastelt)
Thanks so much for your kind words, Simone!